Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Alton Nolen Allegedly Beheads Oklahoma Coworker After Firing

Absolutely horrible and local! Suspect had a long rap sheet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5888500.html

From article:

Authorities said Nolen was eventually stopped by an off-duty sheriff's deputy who was also the former owner of the business. Lewis said the deputy shot Nolen several times with a rifle. The suspect was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive, CNN reported.

"This was not going to stop if he didn't stop it. It could have gotten a lot worse," Lewis told the AP.
    The Associated Press reported that the suspect and victims only knew each other through work and were not involved outside of their jobs. Lewis told the publication that Nolen had recently attempted to convert several employees to Islam.

More info here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Facebook.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-27-14 at 06:40 AM.

Time to stop this shit at the source.

It is interesting, the shift in reporting style. Just a few years ago, the word used was 'decapitates'. See how propaganda works?

Beheaded or decapitate, they're just words. No need to make this terrible crime into anything more than it is. I doubt the family of that poor woman who was murdered cares which term is used.

Such nonsense! People get too hung up on words when there are far more pressing matters with which to deal.

Reporting aside, different cultures in context use the more determinative archaic phrase 'Behead' or Smite: [[to attack or afflict suddenly and injuriously). The words used [[or not used) are not going to give those that practice this a pass in my mind, period, whatever the media says!

The horror; the woman brutally killed and others captive to this assault [[including the other woman stabbed multiple times) is crazy! Specific to knives, it usually takes more time to kill than shooting afar or up close unless where are talking an abdomen shot or other mid-body, etc., where the person bleeds out slowly and painfully.

The bigger picture is fully discerning the motive and support for this kind of behavior! I can only wonder what the defense team will gyrate to justify this?

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    It is interesting, the shift in reporting style. Just a few years ago, the word used was 'decapitates'. See how propaganda works?
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-28-14 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Beheaded or decapitate, they're just words. No need to make this terrible crime into anything more than it is. I doubt the family of that poor woman who was murdered cares which term is used.

Such nonsense! People get too hung up on words when there are far more pressing matters with which to deal.
    if this is the start of this shit on our soil, it IS a pressing matter. Time to nip this in the bud. Having people beheaded at random is not acceptable.

How the media spins or ignores this will speak to how it will be 'handled'.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/26/us/okl...html?hpt=hp_t2

From initial CNN article:

Beheading raises questions, but officials say no terror link
    The idea that a man who's been trying to convert others to Islam ends up beheading someone is alarming enough, but perhaps even more given what has been happening in the Middle East.

The Islamist extremist group ISIS has made a name for its itself using such tactics, going so far as to record the beheadings of American journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff as well as British aid worker David Haines.

And they've threatened more to come, especially if the United States and its allies continue to launch airstrikes at the group in Iraq and Syria. This has spurred concerns that ISIS sympathizers may similarly lash out against innocents in the West.

That said, it's not known if Nolen's religion had anything, at all, to do with what happened Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    if this is the start of this shit on our soil, it IS a pressing matter. Time to nip this in the bud. Having people beheaded at random is not acceptable.
    How would you go about doing that?

Horrible but so is any other workplace murder. Would it have been ok if he just shot everyone like a "normal" American killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    How would you go about doing that?
    i'll pay my taxes and let the military take care of this for good.

NO TO 'BOTH'! This IS not an either/or issue. None of this normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Horrible but so is any other workplace murder. Would it have been ok if he just shot everyone like a "normal" American killer?
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-29-14 at 09:20 PM.

i'll pay my taxes and let the military take care of this for good.
    Well, they've been doing a bang-up job of it so far. Just look at the decrease in fundamentalism with increased military involvement in the Middle East!

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Well, they've been doing a bang-up job of it so far. Just look at the decrease in fundamentalism with increased military involvement in the Middle East!
    Perhaps we need to take it up a notch. Or six.

And that will stop the random workplace killings in this country how?

This is not random. This is terrorism regardless how the leftist media paints it.

This is not random. This is terrorism regardless how the leftist media paints it.
    Ignoring that fallacy of a "leftist media", it would be great if you'd quit beating around the bush and actually just say what you mean.

What, specifically, should be done? What, in your estimation, is the real problem?

Why be coy? What are you afraid to say?

Ignoring that fallacy of a "leftist media", it would be great if you'd quit beating around the bush and actually just say what you mean.

What, specifically, should be done? What, in your estimation, is the real problem?

Why be coy? What are you afraid to say?
    read my post again. I stand behind our military's efforts to rid the world of terrorism.

That guy learn that from Isis.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That guy learn that from Isis.
    And Isis "learn" from Islam.

To start, if someone is chronically behaving unusual at the workplace take note, speak OUT!

Every instance doesn't warrant contact with HR and or security. But, if you have someone not taking no or 'not interested' as a answer to solicitations: sexual, religious, political or otherwise there could be a problem! Other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    And that will stop the random workplace killings in this country how?
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-01-14 at 02:31 PM.

read my post again. I stand behind our military's efforts to rid the world of terrorism.
    And as already stated, you are apparently standing behind something that's having the opposite effect.

And as already stated, you are apparently standing behind something that's having the opposite effect.
    Your opinion is not worth my time.

Perhaps we need to take it up a notch. Or six.
    And what would you want our military to do? What is the 6th notch?

Your opinion is not worth my time.
    Good thing I haven't stated my opinion.

Nice deflection, though.

Oklahoma beheading suspect regains consciousness, interviewed by police

From article:
    No terrorism link found

Nolen had tried to convert co-workers to Islam, officials said.

U.S. law enforcement officials said there are no indications linking Thursday's attack to terrorism. ISIS, also known as the Islamic State, has made a name for its itself with several videotaped beheadings in the Middle East.

The Oklahoma Conference of Churches issued a statement on Saturday urging "all Oklahomans and people everywhere not to equate Mr. [[Nolen's) actions with the beliefs and practices of the Islamic Community in Oklahoma."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/27/us/okl...clesidebarall&
    iref=obnetwork

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast