Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Protester at DCDS

I drove past Detroit Country Day yesterday and saw a lone protester with signs protest against the school. One said "DCDS Cheats Black Students". Does anyone know the story behind this? Couldn't find much on Google.

Below is their Twitter account, but not much info just CAPS LOCK.

https://twitter.com/LEVIinDETROIT

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I drove past Detroit Country Day yesterday and saw a lone protester with signs protest against the school. One said "DCDS Cheats Black Students". Does anyone know the story behind this? Couldn't find much on Google.

Below is their Twitter account, but not much info just CAPS LOCK.

https://twitter.com/LEVIinDETROIT
    Read through the pictures on Twitter. Evident from the letters posted what the problem really is, and it isn't racial.

I scrolled through his whole twitter page only to learn he's been doing this for a whole month. There's like hundreds of tweets per day pretty much repeating the same thing. Ugh.

Found some somewhat useful information about the situation though.

https://twitter.com/LEVIinDETROIT/st...48796450975745

There's then another tweet where the school dismissed the parents after asking who else at the school receives financial aid.

According to DCD's website, they can only offer financial aid to a limited amount of families based on the schools budget.

If I'm reading the tweets correctly, this kid has been going to this private school for 2 years while the parents have been behind on tuition payments. The school removed her only after the parent[[s) started having this hissy fit. That seemed pretty generous of the school if you ask me. It could be racism, or it could be that this parent just feels entitled to have aid provided by the school and is having a tantrum.

AHA! Thanks, wrote the post right before I went to lunch so I was cramming on time. Just sounds like a family that couldn't pay and is now upset.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    AHA! Thanks, wrote the post right before I went to lunch so I was cramming on time. Just sounds like a family that couldn't pay and is now upset.
    The irony/contradiction is that the angry parent[[s) accuse the school of being racist because white families get aid which the angry parent assumes they don't need and that they remove black students as soon as the parents get behind on payments. When obviously his actions have revealed that not to be the case.

Is this the nephew of the four tops singer? If so,I believe he was a frequent caller to the Angelo Henderson show.

Maybe it was Willi?

Willi Guest

I ain't black Towne