Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Autumn Fog Season Arrives in Detroit

Some of nature's more beautiful moments in Detroit are created by the spring and autumn fogs that descend over the city. The autumn fog season arrived in Detroit today, rolling in around 7 AM and with burn-off, shown here, starting around 10 AM.
    CLICK HERE for Full Screen View.

Ship horns are calling out to each other all over the Straits of the Detroit. Below the Captain Henry Jackman warily passes by fog-shrouded Windsor, Ontario.

CLICK HERE for Full Screen View.

Lowell:
    I am surprised that no one as yet has shared your sensitivity to the beauteousness of the FOG. The spelling is probably all wrong but I do not care.

I tend to wake up in a fog every morning. A good thing. But to have the beauty documented... and the sounds of the ships. The trains...The cool, eerie air. Who could ask for more on a near October morn. I have got to be invited to your aerie.

I love foggy mornings. There is nothing like boat whistles and foghorns to make a beautiful dreamy time. It's too bad most of those are silenced in favor of electronic communications now.

This is a sign the a very worst La Nina winter is coming and its not going a very good winter wonderland. More winter storms, snow showers and one potential blizzard piled up to 3 feet of snow.