Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Preservation Detroit Cemetery Tours + Yamasaki Tour

Preservation Detroit October Historic Cemetery Walking Tours

Featuring a different cemetery each week: Mt. Elliott, Woodmere, Woodlawn and Elmwood!
    Ticket Prices:
    $15 Members, advance purchase only
    $20 Non-members, advance purchase only

Learn about the famous Detroiters who are buried in our city’s cemeteries. From J. L. Hudson to Edsel Ford, you’ll learn the stories behind the famous [[and infamous) buried within Detroit’s cemeteries. Marvel at the historic architecture of the mausoleums and headstones. Walk-up tickets NOT be available for these tours. You must purchase your tickets online.

Mt. Elliott Cemetery Tour | 1701 Mt. Elliot, 48207 | October 4th @2pm
    Woodmere Cemetery Tour | 9400 W Fort St, 48209 | October 11th @2pm
    Woodlawn Cemetery Tour | 19975 Woodward Ave, 48203 | October 18th @2pm
    Elmwood Cemetery Tour | 1200 Elmwood St, 48207 | October 25th @2pm

More info and online registration at:
    http://preservationdetroit.org/2014/...tours-oct2014/

October 11,2014 @ 10:00 am – Yamasaki in the Cultural Center Walking Tour

Detroit-based architect Minoru Yamasaki enjoyed an international reputation for his architectural vision. Locally he designed office buildings, houses of worships, educational institutions, and residences. His local legacy includes five buildings located in Detroit’s Cultural Center. Learn more about Yamasaki and those buildings as well as his architectural contributions to Detroit and the world. Meet at the Josephine Ford Sculpture Garden, located at John R and Kirby behind the DIA, on the College for Creative Studies campus. Purchase tickets here!
    Ticket Prices:
    $8 Members, advance purchase only
    $12 Non-members, advance purchase only
    $15 all walk-ups, cash only

More info and online registration: http://preservationdetroit.org/tours/special-tours/

One Cemetery tour down....10/4 Mt. Elliott Cemetery

Next up...10/11 Woodmere Cemetery
    and
    10/18 Woodlawn Cemetery

10/25 Elmwood Cemetery is sold out!! Thank you very much!!

There will also be an 11/1 Woodlawn Cemetery Tour.

Get your tickets soon...these remaining tours are close to selling out.

[[Sob). And here I am, 2,000 miles away! I wanna go on all! Hear me! [[Seriously....thanks for posting those, Kathleen, and letting me dream away!)

The 10/11 Woodmere Cemetery tour is sold out.

Tickets still available for the 10/18 and 11/1 Woodlawn Cemetery tours. Come see the final resting place of J.L. Hudson, Edsel Ford, James Couzens, and many more notable Detroiters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    [[Sob). And here I am, 2,000 miles away! I wanna go on all! Hear me! [[Seriously....thanks for posting those, Kathleen, and letting me dream away!)
    Thanks, Ray! I enjoy taking and leading these cemetery tours!! Fascinating history!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post

and
    10/18 Woodlawn Cemetery

People are dieing to go.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post

and
    10/18 Woodlawn Cemetery

People are dying to go.....

Bump!

Last chance for the Yamasaki in the Cultural Center tour....this Saturday!!
    October 11,2014 @ 10:00 am – Yamasaki in the Cultural Center Walking Tour

Detroit-based architect Minoru Yamasaki enjoyed an international reputation for his architectural vision. Locally he designed office buildings, houses of worships, educational institutions, and residences. His local legacy includes five buildings located in Detroit’s Cultural Center. Learn more about Yamasaki and those buildings as well as his architectural contributions to Detroit and the world. Meet at the Josephine Ford Sculpture Garden, located at John R and Kirby behind the DIA, on the College for Creative Studies campus. Purchase tickets here!
    Ticket Prices:
    $8 Members, advance purchase only
    $12 Non-members, advance purchase only
    $15 all walk-ups, cash only

More info and online registration: http://preservationdetroit.org/tours/special-tours/

The 10/18 Woodlawn Cemetery tour is sold out!

Your last chance for a Preservation Detroit cemetery tour this season is the 11/1 Woodlawn Cemetery tour!! Don't delay...this tour will sell out too!!

Despite the brisk weather on Saturday afternoon, the Woodlawn Cemetery was quite enjoyable!! So rewarding to share the history of some of Detroit's most notable personages with people who are interested!!

One more chance...a few tickets remain for the Woodlawn Cemetery tour scheduled for Saturday, November 1, 2pm. https://squareup.com/market/preservation-wayne