Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cockrel: $21,000 in goods missing from Conyers' office

http://www.freep.com/article/2009073...--Cockrel-says

This woman is unbelievable! She needs to plead guilty by insanity!

Sometimes in life things are so insanely ridiculous and absurd that the only thing you can do is laugh. Monica has given me quite a few laughs.

She's on the fast track. Conyer's is apprenticing to run for a higher office - U.S.Representative or U.S. Senator. You have to learn the proper methods before you go to Congress. Once you get there, you don't have to worry if you've learned the ropes. The official motto of Congress is: 'We don't want to look back, we want to look forward'. How can you beat that? I wonder if that defense will work for me when I go to court for a speeding ticket in Farmington Hills?

I found one of the macbooks.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/sys/1294856642.html

*kidding*
    Last edited by Novack; July-30-09 at 01:44 PM.

lilpup Guest

No security guards around the Council offices or at the doors? Nobody saw anything walk away, right?

Remember the day she howled that she and her staff had been locked out of her office?

The Council President circulated the memo and list because all that stuff walked right into other council offices! Isn't that what happens to anyone's desk when they leave? But usually it's just the stapler and the good wastebasket that isn't all kicked up and stuff like that.

That stuff is long gone.

diver1369 Guest

Gee, I hope the sentencing judge for her Federal felony conviction doesn't see this article nor let it influence the sentence he gives her [[wink, nod).

How about this little tidbit...Monica C. allegedly got Saunteel Jenkins to fire this guy...

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...rs-over-firing

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    How about this little tidbit...Monica C. allegedly got Saunteel Jenkins to fire this guy...

Why is the guy yapping at a recall hearing on his employer's time?

And just yesterday I said things with MonCon had been pretty quiet.
    I would like to know why items of this nature are not accounted for on an annual basis which Cockrell now says they will be doing differently. It's probably to late but they could hold up final paychecks until everything is accounted for. But in this case I hope she gets arrested and goes to jail.
    Wow MonCon I am impressed you actually didn't think anyone would notice, and that would be because you know how shoddily this city is being run.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    It's probably to late but they could hold up final paychecks until everything is accounted for.
    Nope - no can do - that's against state law.

It's the old entitlement feeling running amok.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Why is the guy yapping at a recall hearing on his employer's time?
    Why would Saunteel do Monica C's bidding?

I was sorry to read this about Ms. Jenkins.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    That stuff is long gone.
    Just heard on WDIV that two laptops were returned today.

rvtwitty Guest

My guess is that she took the stuff to Zeidmans and got $1,000 for all of it. Just kidding. I am sure a statement will come out how her staffers cleaned out her office and accidently thought the stuff was hers and put in storage. Whether it was intentional , her track record speaks for itself.

MIRepublic Guest

Why would Saunteel do Monica C's bidding?
    I was wondering the same thing, myself. I'd never heard about a connection between the two, but it's obvious one exists, now.

I guess she got her loot after all.

There is a Jenkins and Moncon connection! Damn I already sent in my absentee ballot and voted for Jenkins. Oh well she won't make it onto my next ballot.

Did I hear right that she was allowed to leave the country?

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    Just heard on WDIV that two laptops were returned today.
    Returned by who?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    The Council President circulated the memo and list because all that stuff walked right into other council offices! Isn't that what happens to anyone's desk when they leave? But usually it's just the stapler and the good wastebasket that isn't all kicked up and stuff like that.
    The memo says they secured the office when she left. She also received two new ones 17 days before leaving. She had to have been considering resigning at that point and she was ordering new computers? How stupid can she believe the public is? With the opportunities she must have with her husband's office resulting from the lack of fiscal responsibility in DC, I wonder how many models Crazy Conyers Computers has in stock.

Haikoont Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Returned by who?

You know the old saying, 'the truth is stranger than fiction'. I can't believe a screenplay hasn't been written for a sitcom based strictly upon the Detroit City 'Clowncil'. Think about it. It would put all other teevee programs to shame. The nation would be waiting with baited breath. People would be laughing and falling off their seats. It's so sad, it's hilarious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast