Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eat in the D

Default Eat in the D

Share your favorite restaurants here. This is for places within the city limits. If you want to recommend places in suburbia, start another thread please.

Had the meatloaf at the Grand Trunk last night. That was possibly the best meatloaf I have ever had [[not counting mom's). Service is spotty in this place, but the food is always good and they have a good craft beer selection. Not to mention their mimosa and bloody Mary special on Sunday.

Bucharest Grill yummy shawarmas and more...

Park Avenue and a Corktown locations.
    Last edited by MizMotown; September-19-14 at 07:01 AM.

Honest John's Bar

When I lived in Detroit Harbor House on Clinton St. between Brush & Beaubien was a Friday night favorite. The service wasn't the greatest but the food made up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    Bucharest Grill yummy shawarmas and more...
    I have to be the only person in this entire region/state that doesn't like those Shawarmas at the Bucharest Grill.

To me, it's too salty. And that says a lot, because I typically like salty foods...

For some unknown reason, when DT, somehow my vehicle usually steers its way to the Sweetwater Tavern so I can enjoy some Wings......

Hard to beat the corned beef sandwiches at Steve's deli when you need something good and fast

Went to Johnny Noodle King this week, new ramen shop in the old Johnny Ham King location on Fort St. by the bridge. Same people that do Green Dot Stables. It was VERY tasty.

Louie's for breakfast and corned beef sandwiches
    Mudgies for soup, sandwiches and Fudgie Mudgie
    Casey's for a hot dog

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    Went to Johnny Noodle King this week, new ramen shop in the old Johnny Ham King location on Fort St. by the bridge. Same people that do Green Dot Stables. It was VERY tasty.
    Hey, I'm curious about that. I've driven by there a few times after hours, and he's closed. I'm familiar with "Johnny, The Ham King" from his first location on Rosa Parks and Fort. Is his new thing like a "noodle bowl"? It sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hey, I'm curious about that. I've driven by there a few times after hours, and he's closed. I'm familiar with "Johnny, The Ham King" from his first location on Rosa Parks and Fort. Is his new thing like a "noodle bowl"? It sounds interesting.
    They only have lunch hour right now, Wednesday - Sunday. Expanded hours to come by October, which I assume will add dinner service.

More than a noodle bowl, it's a take on traditional styles of ramen specifically. Most options are big bowls of handmade noodles with different broths, proteins, veggies and garnishes. Very fresh, very filling, good value.

Duly's on W Vernor
    It's like a time warp

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    They only have lunch hour right now, Wednesday - Sunday. Expanded hours to come by October, which I assume will add dinner service.

More than a noodle bowl, it's a take on traditional styles of ramen specifically. Most options are big bowls of handmade noodles with different broths, proteins, veggies and garnishes. Very fresh, very filling, good value.
    Thanx, I'm going to make the drive and check him out for lunch one day soon.

Great Sunday brunch at Harmonie Garden, Third near Forest. Informal atmosphere, delicious food.

If I had to pick one, Buddy's Pizza

I Iove Buddy's

Plaka's or Honest John's for breakfast.

Lunch at Mexican Village or Mudgie's.

Giovanni's for dinner. Best Italian around!! Love the atmosphere and the tableside visits by Mama.

Zeff's at Eastern Market is awesome. The soul food place off Riopelle and Jefferson not bad either.

Motz at Fort and Green.
    Astoria Pastry on Monroe Street.

We haven't eaten in Detroit proper in quite a few years but past favorites are:

Opus One
    Roma Cafe
    Rattlesnake Club

And from way back when: the original London Chop House, the original Joe Muer's, Pontchartrain Wine Cellar, Little Harry's, and the summit was always interesting for its rotating view.

Coming in with a perennial favorite, Scotty Simpson's out in Brightmoor, 64 years and still going strong.

What's a good under-rated coney diner besides American/Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I have to be the only person in this entire region/state that doesn't like those Shawarmas at the Bucharest Grill.

To me, it's too salty. And that says a lot, because I typically like salty foods...
    Agree. They're large, they're cheap but there's better Shawarmas around.

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    Duly's on W Vernor
    It's like a time warp
    I think Duly's is the best coney around. My buddy thinks it's the most OVERATED coney around.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast