Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default fall 2014 construction round up

Ok kids , we haven't done this in a while , and with more construction going on in the city than in a generation , I thought it would be fun to do a fall round up of all the busy construction going on the the city .
    Even the most cynical person must admit , theres no denying ,THERE IS A LOT going on in Detroit.

At one time I could count on one hand all the stuff going on ,but now there is so much going on , I'll need the help of my friends at Detroityes , so I'll start.

The M 1 rail ,all the great work the DLBA is doing removing blight and putting people in homes throughout the city, street lights back on through out the city , the Ashley hotel/apartments, the David Whitney , the DAC, Lawrence tech, the new red wings arena ,the new research building for Wayne state , cash gold cash ,the Albert, the new DIME in capital park, most of capital park ,the new Mejier on grand river /6 , the new heart hospital , new Sinai grace , finishing up cobo, the extension of the river walk ...
    Last edited by Detroitdave; September-17-14 at 08:32 AM. Reason: New stuff

renovation of the Agave Building [[Hopcat)

New Children's Hospital Expansion is set to begin in the spring

The Mondrian apartments on woodward in Midtown is set to begin in the spring

Build out of retail in Z lot
    Kressge Buildings
    Shinola's new retail store next to its 'old' retail store.....

I forgot the Salvation army building , The GAR and the Old Strathmore Hotel on Alexandrine ....The new Michigan welcome center on the river walk :-) ...
    Last edited by Detroitdave; September-17-14 at 05:41 PM.

Also the two new buildings going where the hammer/nail building is in midtown
    A five story wayne state physician group one, and a four story mixed use one

Default 30 Downtown Detroit Projects forge ahead

This DEGC Slide show is a good summary of activities occurring and in the pipe.

It's just wonderful to see all this happening

Possible metropolitan building rehab?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    This DEGC Slide show is a good summary of activities occurring and in the pipe.

It's just wonderful to see all this happening
    That, Lowell, is very cool

There is a "Family Fun Day" on I-96 this Sunday to celebrate the new freeway before it opens up to the public. I plan to take my hot rod down there and compete in the drag races.

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/ne...nday/15787739/

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    There is a "Family Fun Day" on I-96 this Sunday to celebrate the new freeway before it opens up to the public. I plan to take my hot rod down there and compete in the drag races.

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/ne...nday/15787739/
    You have a driverless hot rod? What kind of fun is that?