Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A third Wilson's Dairy cow head

I recently posted a story on my website about the Wilson's Dairy cow heads at I-94 and the Jeffries and at Mack and Lennox. I just received an email from someone claiming that there was a third cow head at James Couzens and Outer Drive. Does anybody remember a third cow head?

http://detroitkidshow.com/A_Tale_Of_Two_Cow_Heads.htm

Was that Wilson's or Twin Pines on Outer Drive?

Hey Ed,

Below is a photo from 1974 [[JC/OD) & doesn't show a head?

Would sure like to see White Fang in person......all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    Was that Wilson's or Twin Pines on Outer Drive?
    Twin Pines was on E. Outer Drive near Van Dyke.

Smirnoff,

What a great looking building. Needs more cow head.

"Needs more cow head." Haha good one.

I don't know anything about a third head, but my wife watched the workers install the cow on the ice cream store at Lenox and Mack. Circa 1965.

I remember that Wilson's Dairy on James Couzens about the mid-late 60s, and there was no head there then.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    "Needs more cow head." Haha good one.

I don't know anything about a third head, but my wife watched the workers install the cow on the ice cream store at Lenox and Mack. Circa 1965.
    I used t stop there on my way home from Jackson Jr. High back 1961-1963

The Ira Wilson Dairy Farm built in 1888 still stands in Livonia & listed as a historical site [[federal/state), it's located on Middlebelt just north of W. Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    The Ira Wilson Dairy Farm built in 1888 still stands in Livonia & listed as a historical site [[federal/state), it's located on Middlebelt just north of W. Chicago.

I have a colleague who lives nearby whose neighborhood/community association puts on an Easter egg hunt there every year. I took my kid a couple of times. Kind of a neat place.

My office is beginning to buzz about purple cows? Anyone know what that is about?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    My office is beginning to buzz about purple cows? Anyone know what that is about?
    I've never seen a purple cow, and never hope to see one; but I can tell you, here and now, I'd rather see than be one........

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I remember that Wilson's Dairy on James Couzens about the mid-late 60s, and there was no head there then.
    I used to work in the 18000 block of James Couzens. I never remember a head on that building.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Purple cows in downtown Detroit to build awareness for cancer survivors

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2014/09/17/purple-cows-in-downtown-detroit-to-build-awareness-for-cancer-survivors/15793087/