Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Genealogy Help Needed: Dr. Daniel Hubert McGinnis [[1895-1957)

Looking for information and possible obituary for Daniel Hubert McGinnis, a Detroit physician from about 1922 until his death 6 April 1957. He was born on 3 February 1895 in Mount Carmel, Ontario, Canada, the son of Dr. John & Ellen McGinnis.

Detroit Boarder Crossing Records of 1922 show him as visiting Dr. Ed A Duffy, Providence Hospital.

The 1942 WWII Draft Registration lists his home address as 11870 Ohio Ave and his medical practice at 13243 W McNichols Road.
    Last edited by DtCtyGrl; September-15-14 at 08:39 PM.

You saw this right? 1940 Census

Thanks, Wilderness, I do have the 1940 census. He was living at the same address in 1942.

You should be able to find what you're looking for at The Burton Historical Collection at the Main Library.

http://www.detroit.lib.mi.us/featuredcollection/burton-historical-collection

Thank you, FormerDetroiter. I live out-of-state and won't be in the area any time soon. The BHC is definitely an option the next time I am in Detroit.

A lot of Canadian census records can also be found floating around online. Here, from the 1901 census, is your Dr. McGinnis as a 6 year old in Huron County Ontario:
    http://automatedgenealogy.com/census...ubert+McGinnis

Thanks so much, EastsideAl!

A new member in my Facebook group "Detroit Genealogy" asked for someone in the group to post this information since they do not have a log-in to DetroitYes. I hope this information is helpful:

DtCtyGrl requested information about the death of Dr. Daniel Hubert McGinnis. Here is what I found:
    Name:
    Dr Daniel Hubert McGinnis
    Birth Date:
    3 Feb 1895
    Birth Place:
    Mount Carmel, Huron County, Ontario, Canada
    Death Date:
    6 Apr 1957
    Death Place:
    Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, USA
    Cemetery:
    Holy Sepulchre Cemetery
    Burial or Cremation Place:
    Southfield, Oakland County, Michigan, USA

You may not be up for the trip, but the Cincinnati Public Library on Vine [[part of Hamilton County) has an amazing genealogy department on the top floor. Take a trip down 75, walk the skyline, visit fashionable Covington, have some very sweet Skyline chili, visit U of C., enjoy the Pendleton on final Friday of the month, go drinking on Main St., see the Charley Harper animal mosaic wall in the Federal Building, and so on.