Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default I sure am glad I don't live in the dangerous exurbs

That place is going to hell. Look at this latest: A father shooting his adult son in the head. Is that how those savages resolve family conflicts?

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...lt-son-in-head

Clinton Tonwship hasn't been considered the "exurbs" in over 20-30 years...

Instead, try Macomb Township or Chesterfield Township.

Every time 100 Detroiters get shot some suburbanite gets the idea it's acceptable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    That place is going to hell. Look at this latest: A father shooting his adult son in the head. Is that how those savages resolve family conflicts?

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...lt-son-in-head
    Sarcasm needs to have wit. This is a fail.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

Thanks for the clarification. I must admit, I might not be up to date because I haven't dared to go out there since they turned those apple orchards into crime-torn cul-de-sacs.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/m...s-suv/25091608

I still don't see the point of this thread.

On a per-capita basis, you're still far less likely to become a victim of a crime in Clinton Township or Macomb Township than you are in Detroit...

And besides that, the police/ambulance are guaranteed to come within 5 minutes after a 911 call in Macomb Township or Clinton Township if you're the victim of a crime, unlike in Detroit.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-15-14 at 10:45 AM.

He shot his son in the eye yet
    The son, Nathaniel Burks Jr., was rushed to McLaren Macomb hospital in Mount Clemens but later transferred to Detroit Receiving Hospital. His condition was not known, but he was responsive when first responders arrived.
    He must have been aiming downward and so missed his brain?

Ouch!

Is the thread starter living in 1950 or something? 15 and Gratiot is the "exurbs"?

Clinton Township, excepting one small area, isn't exactly high demand, BTW. It's been declining like the rest of South Macomb. Crappy schools and subsidized housing filled with ex-Detroiters.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

Clinton TWP. is a ex-urb because it's not part of Metro-Detroit City Area. By the way, crime happens everywhere. The father shot his son out of fear. This is due to his violent past. He could be a victim of a crime. So he brought a gun for his protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Is the thread starter living in 1950 or something? 15 and Gratiot is the "exurbs"?

Clinton Township, excepting one small area, isn't exactly high demand, BTW. It's been declining like the rest of South Macomb. Crappy schools and subsidized housing filled with ex-Detroiters.
    So since a few ex-Detroiters are moving in, it's declining because of that? Please explain.

Yeah, of course I'm kidding. You could call it trolling, but it's such obvious trolling that you'd have to be a bit unfamiliar with me to think Mr. OP here was trying to put one over on anybody.

But, as one other poster said, crime does happen everywhere. Not to say that Dexter-Davison is just the same as the Bloomies, but perceptions do play into it.

As y'all were …

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    So since a few ex-Detroiters are moving in, it's declining because of that? Please explain.
    In part, yes. Poor East Siders are getting out of the East Side, and moving to South Macomb. They're replacing elderly white ethnics who are dying off. The kids who grew up in South Macomb didn't stay, and are buying homes north of Hall Rd.

How about Howell, does that qualify as an ex-burb? This senseless killing happened recently.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014090...shooting-death

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    How about Howell, does that qualify as an ex-burb? This senseless killing happened recently.

Yes, it does qualify as an exurb, and no, your link makes no point whatsoever.

No one believes that any geography is completely crime-free. There's violence in Denmark and violence in Afghanistan. That doesn't mean that Copenhagen=Kabul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

No, it doesn't.

I have no reason to ever go out to Howell, so whatever happens there isn't really relevant as far as I'm concerned.

South Lyon would be as far out as I draw the line along the I-96 corridor, for ex-burbs to Detroit.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-15-14 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    In part, yes. Poor East Siders are getting out of the East Side, and moving to South Macomb. They're replacing elderly white ethnics who are dying off. The kids who grew up in South Macomb didn't stay, and are buying homes north of Hall Rd.
    What exactly is a white ethnic?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    Catholics... Poles, Italians, Caldeans.....

Polacks, dagos, bohunks and micks.

anonJD Guest

Catholics have never been a "white ethnic" in Michigan. In New England and NYC, sure.

I think the poster was referring to white people [[specifically elderly white people)...

Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    Catholics have never been a "white ethnic" in Michigan. In New England and NYC, sure.
    Really? You don't consider Eastside Poles, Italians and Germans to be "white ethnics"? I would say there's a distinction, at least in the first 3 or 4 generations. Most Catholics in the U.S. are Hispanic or white ethnics.

To me, there are significant differences between Mary Jones of Cootersville, KY and Rocco Spinelli of Clinton Township.

And Frank Rizzo of Center Line…

He using the term "ethnics" to distinguish them from white upper class WASPs like himself and his friends in B'ham and Bloomfield.

Sheesh... does everything need to be explained these days?

I was in Howell once. They had a farmers market thing going. Was nice. Howell has nothing to do with Detroit. Just like calling Ann Arbor a ex burb of Detroit.
    OP is just race baiting for whatever reason. Apparently he/she has nothing better to do with their time. I dont really understand what they are trying to accomplish here but what I suspect is pretty ridiculous. I may have to block OP.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast