Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Athletes Are Special

Nominations for Special Athlete Of The Month are requested.

Mine: Cass Tech's Jayru Campbell arraigned on latest assault charges

Willi Guest

No special treatment for anyone, regardless of where they """might"" go later on in life.
    Crime happened, man up and pay the consequences, immediately, and in full.
    I have no special place in my heart for "potential" athletes.

Incredible that he was just out beyond the first incident and then immediately assaulted someone again.

Quite frankly, I don't even want my taxpayer dollars being spent to support him in a jail cell...

Bury him under it.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-13-14 at 06:36 PM.

bizarre. hopefully the young woman is okay. Inevitable Ray Rice parallels will be brought up.

Throw his @$$ out of high school. No college for those without a diploma.

That schmendrick squandered a perfectly good break given to him by the judge in his last case only a few hours after being released from jail.

This boy had better get some intense counseling before it is too late. He is already teetering on the edge of ruin with two cases of felonious assault, robbery unarmed and domestic violence in only eight months. What's next? Next time will he shoot and kill somebody because he thought he was "disrespected"?

No, this athlete is not special except in his own mind.

The kids a jerk. But why was he back at school the same day he got out of jail? Did no one think that was a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    The kids a jerk. But why was he back at school the same day he got out of jail? Did no one think that was a bad idea?
    I totally agree that the kid's a total frickin' jerk of epic proportions, but I'm not exactly sure what would've been the ideal solution for when he got out of the big house. Should he have waited a day, a week, a month? There's no clear cut conclusion as to when but there wasn't anything wrong with letting him back into school. That seemed like the natural transition. What that ass did the day he went back is solely his responsibility though.

... local talk radio will be blowing up about this. It's going to get nasty.

It gets specialer and specialer...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...tion/15709441/

Willi Guest

Perhaps someone will make him, their ""star"" , in prison, and break his ego down a notch a two.

That whooshing sound is this kid's career being flushed right down the toilet.

His head is far too big for his brain and unfortunately it was inflated by the likely near constant praise [[real, false or otherwise) he received throughout his playing days. Any past issues that we're probably not even aware of likely resulted in being given slaps on the wrist and / or school officials turning to look the other way, all to make sure not to tarnish their star player.

Tie that in with other big name "athletes" out there livin' the thug life that kids today have to look up to and all it led this kid directly to the point of thinking that it doesn't matter what he does because he believes he's untouchable.

This video, showing his actions after the DCC / CT football game last year, where he pretty much throws a fit after allegedly punching a CC player in the handshake line, says quite a bit. Once he's tackled to the ground, you can almost hear the coaches and staff saying, "What the f**k is wrong with you??" and Jayru blubbering through tears like a bully who's just been put down, "But... but he 'dissed me!"
    http://goo.gl/qFHq2w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwDdbspdMo

Now it's back to jail for the punk because of his stupidity. Won't see me shedding any tears.

Sad. He had significant talent, and a year ago was about to be set up with a full ride to MSU.

Now he's about to find out what life is like for an ex-athlete [[and felon) way before his time. All his small-time fame in high school and $1.50 will get him on the bus - once he gets out of jail, that is.

Some kids just seem to be their own worst enemies. I hope he can emerge from this having gained some insight and maturity and get on with his life, but that will be hard. And not too far down the road he's bound to hate himself for stupidly blowing an opportunity that almost no one from this city gets.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; September-16-14 at 04:32 PM.

Thug: a violent person, especially a criminal.