Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Are You Better Or Worse Off Since B.O. Became Prez?

Simple question, deserves simple yes or no answers and an explanation.
    No spin.

Ridiculous question, IMHO. He's been in office for what, six months? No president in history has made such significant changes in his first six months that anyone's life would change substantially.

I don't expect my life to change significantly with any President. My life is what I make it. I've been employed since 15 years old and I'm 60 now. I have all the education I'm going to get. I'll work as long as I can and live as best I can on what I have or can receive from the Social Security system.

Simple answer: yes. I pay less taxes now.

Too early. Ask again at the two year mark.

About the same homewise. Portfolio currently seems to be recovering [[Knock wood). I am a lot happier about many of his approaches than his predecessors, so I guess you could say I feel somewhat better.

Better off. My situation still sucks, but at least now I feel hopeful for the future. The general downward spiral of everything seems to be slowing down.

The same. Should have a lower tax bill in April, but that still lies ahead.

better in our standing in the world...

same for the economy, but hopeful now that someone with a social justice economic agenda [[thats a democratic outlook for you flatlanders) is at the helm..better for a first round fairness to the middle east and climate change...

Better
    Two reasons:
    I found a job.
    I do not have to look at the jerk who gave the "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" speech the day the bottom fell out. Yes, the same guy who chose the man responsible [[Gramm 1999 Financial Act) as his economic guru.

In two years, we will know for sure.

We haven't been attacked by terrorists yet, like when W became president and he allowed the murders of September 11, so yeah, I guess I am better off.

He should give us universal health care and close Guantanamo right away, but I guess these things take time. Stalingrad wasn't built in a day, was it, Cc?

My health care plan and pension have been threatened by the continually eroding economy and I expect my taxes to go up. None of that has happened yet. The question was in present tense so my answer is that I am presently no better or worse off.

Worse.

1 I didn't get a raise this year.
    2 He isn't as funny as GWB was.

IMPEACH NOW!
    Last edited by ejames01; July-29-09 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Additional text entry

No difference

As long as things don't get worst I'm fine

only a wing nut could come up with a question this stupid

It took eight years to get to the mess wer'e in now, and I can only hope for the best. It sure as hell can't get any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Ridiculous question, IMHO. He's been in office for what, six months? No president in history has made such significant changes in his first six months that anyone's life would change substantially.
    No beating around the bush. Six months and trillions of dollars to make change.
    Simply compare your life now to six months ago. Better or worse?

Personally I have been laid off from two jobs due to the shrinking economy. I have currently been unemployed for over a month and everywhere I go to find work is prepping to downsize or eliminate positions rather then replace people or add new ones. I stand to lose my apartment in another month or two if I don't find anything.

So, I'd have to say I'm not doing all that great.

I'd be a little more positive if there were things being done in Washington to grow the economy rather then attack it. Hopefully things will turn around. All we can do is hope there is a method to this madness.

My life is not any different today than it was before the inauguration. I am still struggling to pay the bills. My husband still has his job and in fact, got a raise. My work has fallen off, but that started long before this January. However, I do expect that it will improve over time. I have faith.

It’s too early to tell but these things have changed:
    I don’t drive around with a Obama Lies bumper sticker on my car.
    I am proud to be American, and not ashamed when I visit other countries.
    I believe I am included in the American dream.

No beating around the bush. Six months and trillions of dollars to make change.
    Simply compare your life now to six months ago. Better or worse?
    You make it sound like the Trillions are already out there and have been spent. In fact very little has been used so far. It's available if the proper uses are found. I'd hate to see it go the way of all the tobbaco money here in the State. Nothing worse than a politician with a blank check book ! [[Both parties).

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Personally I have been laid off from two jobs due to the shrinking economy. I have currently been unemployed for over a month and everywhere I go to find work is prepping to downsize or eliminate positions rather then replace people or add new ones. I stand to lose my apartment in another month or two if I don't find anything.

So, I'd have to say I'm not doing all that great.

I'd be a little more positive if there were things being done in Washington to grow the economy rather then attack it. Hopefully things will turn around. All we can do is hope there is a method to this madness.
    I'm sorry for your situation, it is very tough out here for a lot of people. and will continue to be for a while. Six months is not much time to improve anyones situation other than the financial services CEO's. If we assume the economy has stopped its free fall. All that means is that things are bad at a lesser rate, and employment is a lagging not leading indicator of the health of the economy. Realistically I can't see real change in Joe Citizens's employment situation until well into next year. Hang in there, I have to believe things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    You make it sound like the Trillions are already out there and have been spent. In fact very little has been used so far. It's available if the proper uses are found. I'd hate to see it go the way of all the tobbaco money here in the State. Nothing worse than a politician with a blank check book ! [[Both parties).
    not to mention that several red-state govs are sitting on the funds

ccbatson Guest

Easy, financially worse from investments, more concerningly, we are all poorer by virtue of the most precious commodity...liberty.

What liberties have you lost so far? I'm sure we will loose some eventually, but which ones are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Easy, financially worse from investments, more concerningly, we are all poorer by virtue of the most precious commodity...liberty.

When you see the sun rise we are all blessed with another day......regardless of your other convictions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast