Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Oh no! Yall's Boy wants an appeal.

It's official Former Detroit Mayor, Black Godfather and pimp Kwame Kilpatrick wants an appeal for a retrial from 30 counts of fraud. He will get it. Kilpatrick is currently serving 28 years in federal prison. King Kwame wants to be free indeed and pay no restitution to Detroit City Government.

Here's the Source.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/k...trial/27873846

Had he not been so greedy he may have gotten away with it and not gone to jail. What's more amazing is that there are those who would defend Kilpatrick all the way, claiming he was railroaded, framed, and of course the ultimate "everybody else does it" justification blah, blah.

He may get an appeal, and that would be his right. But the jury would have to arrive at the same conclusion. He just wasn't very slick about his graft and corruption, like, ........oh................Coleman Young was.
    Rot in jail, fat boy.

“I just want people to know that I am incredibly remorseful for the conditions of the city and any role, any part I played in it," he said. "The government talked about stealing from the city. Wow ...I've never done that, your Honor."

Maybe he doesn't know the definition of "stealing". 28 years in Federal prison should be enough time to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    “I just want people to know that I am incredibly remorseful for the conditions of the city and any role, any part I played in it,"
    I'd say he is starting to sound a bit remorseful.

think he got an unfair shake.

Willi Guest

Are there NO limits to the amount of money the taxpayers should endure having to pay for lawyers, prosecutors, judges, etc. in this whole 5 ring circus extravaganza ?
    Appeal filed okay; - denied. 30 seconds, done. Efficient, effective, and justice has been upheld.

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    “I just want people to know that I am incredibly remorseful for the conditions of the city and any role, any part I played in it," he said. "
    NOW he's remorseful, especially after it was revealed that the deal he cut to restructure pension fund debt was the biggest and most glaring nail in the coffin that lead to the bankruptcy. NOW, he's sorry for any role he played in the conditions of the city. This guy was too young, inexperienced, & arrogant to run a major U.S. city. His immaturity, greed, and lust for power brought not only himself, his family, and his friends down, but the whole metro area as well. He thought he could be a big shot and do anything he wanted without reproach. Guess what? You're wrong buddy. Good luck with your appeal.

But, in HIS mind he did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    But, in HIS mind he did nothing wrong.
    "It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza