Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ancient DetroitYES Forum Excavated

The first iteration of this forum was 15 years ago, sometime in 1999. Recently I attempted to dig up what could be found on archive.org, the long-running library/archive of the the internet.

The earliest I could find was this page from 2000.

The forum software was a feature of Micrsoft's FrontPage website creation software. I was dreadfully buggy and nearly impossible to manage. A year or two later we switched to the now extinct Discusware program. In 2009 we made the switch to vBulletin.

Default Internet Archive by Deepspeed Media

Fun reading the posts on that ancient page. It is good to see the forum has maintained its purpose and voice all this time.

I hear that. Frontpage was such a horror software package. I never bothered with learning to use and imagingly there are still some sites running under it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The forum software was a feature of Micrsoft's FrontPage website creation software. I was dreadfully buggy and nearly impossible to manage. A year or two later we switched to Discusware