Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default So what's up with all the fires in July and August? Urban Renewal or vandalism.

"Shortly before 9 p.m., firefighters arrived at a vacant house fire at 14519 Robson. Soon after, residents began chucking bottles and rocks at the firefighters and their rigs on a block devoured by blight.“I need as many police as possible,” Chief 7 told dispatchers. “I have civilians attacking firefighters and FEOs, throwing bottles, rocks and whatnot.”

I don't get it. Why? You WANT your neighborhood to burn down? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Shortly before 9 p.m., firefighters arrived at a vacant house fire at 14519 Robson. Soon after, residents began chucking bottles and rocks at the firefighters and their rigs on a block devoured by blight.“I need as many police as possible,” Chief 7 told dispatchers. “I have civilians attacking firefighters and FEOs, throwing bottles, rocks and whatnot.”

I don't get it. Why? You WANT your neighborhood to burn down? Why?
    Because they know the police are an hour away. Where are those Humvees when you need 'em?

messing with FFs performing their duty is a felony. Lock 'em up.
    Last edited by Gpwrangler; September-03-14 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Add detail

I'm not excusing the resident's actions, but normal people just don't throw rocks and bottles at you for no reason.

I can't wait to here the other side of that story...

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'm not excusing the resident's actions, but normal people just don't throw rocks and bottles at you for no reason.

I can't wait to here the other side of that story...
    I bet the firemen squirted them with the hose.

Guys, are you new? This is the side of Detroit that the Free Press and DetroitYes and the like don't like to leak out, but it does.

We caught a glimpse of it peeking into mainstream press with the Steve Utash thing. Why beat a man to a pulp because of an accident?

This happened on Chalmers a couple years back or so. I talked to the firefighters. Normally this stuff doesn't make the news; it's all Gilbert's new pink office chairs and some sort of public art installation.

The fact of the matter is that a huge, unmanageable portion of Detroit's population are incredibly violent and completely without morals. There is no concept of "neighborhood." Authority figures must be treated with nothing but violence. Why would one care if a house on the block burned, if it wasn't where oneself "stays"? It isn't popular or politically correct [[though there isn't really anything political about it) to report on firefighters being indiscriminately attacked, but that is the daily reality, but unfortunately it doesn't jive with the slap-happy tripe the local press likes to salivate about. Many Detroiters simply need to be dealt with like the dogs that they are.

I've seen it all too much living far outside the green zone. All you can do is be prepared to kill before being killed, and leave while you can. These folks aren't looking for bike lanes or even jobs, guys. Remember the two year old who was shot in the face this summer?

Does this surprise anyone?? When your all hopped up on Fouties and Blunts you don't want a bunch of DFD Firefighters spoiling your family picnic/bonfire...how else are they supposed to cook their s'mores? Come on guys get with the program this is how we roll in the D!

Is this some new urban legend? Weird shit does happen but sure never saw firefighters attacked over suburban Smores. Yes I was a brownie, Cadet, Senior girl Scout and also a member of Urban 4 H. all in the D. Not sure where where you might live in Detroit but especially our fire fighters are quite revered.

Dan, I live in a real neighborhood that seems to be a target of gentrification. Watched one white out of town investor stroll down the street with a slut on each arm like he was the new sheriff in town. Frankly quite gross.

Folks in Detroit [[ especially mostly poor miserable welfare and food stamp marginalizing black folks) are living in their own personal 'Mad Max' immorality. Detroit is one big black ghetto compared to South Bronx. I grew up in it, I used to live in it and I seen constant violence in its streets everyday before it be reported in the local news.

People in Detroit lost their jobs. Kids drop out of school to join gangs and sell drugs or be wanna-be criminals. Lots of single mothers without a father or role model present and more racial ignorance.
    Last edited by Danny; September-04-14 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Folks in Detroit [[ especially mostly poor miserable welfare and food stamp marginalizing black folks) are living in their own person 'Mad Max' immorality. Detroit is one big black ghetto compared to South Bronx. I grew up in it, I used to live in it and I seen constant violence in its streets everyday before it be reported in the local news.

People in Detroit lost their jobs. Kids drop out of school to join gangs and sell drugs or be wanna-be criminals. Lots of single mothers without a father or role model present and more racial ignorance.
    All damn good reasons to throw bottles and bricks @ the DFD.

Interesting that the Muckracker website is the only place that I seen that would bring it up.

The editors of MSM obviously have marching orders to not publicize this type of news.

Or it's a case of this ain't news anymore, it's become common. Like the dog bites man story as compard to the man bites dog angle.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; September-04-14 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Dan, I live in a real neighborhood that seems to be a target of gentrification. Watched one white out of town investor stroll down the street with a slut on each arm like he was the new sheriff in town. Frankly quite gross.
    Wow, such a wonderful welcome to someone who is investing money in a city that badly needs investment.

Honestly Hermod, is that what you think? Cheap shit landlords taking advantage of urban poor??? Our neighborhood helped folks on hard times stay in their homes.

Guess those honest white out of town folks buying homes for pennies on a dollar will do much or even care about community.

In fact, my husband did greet the dude on his way back. His sluts looked the other way.

Is this about fires or is it, once again, all about the Mother Theresa of Islandview Village and her love for the poor?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Is this about fires or is it, once again, all about the Mother Theresa of Islandview Village and her love for the poor?
    I wonder if he had on a white suite, a loud print shirt, unbuttoned down to his navel, a gold chain with a razor blade @ the end, and aviator sunglasses, you know, just like on TV.

That's just not right, but I did laugh...

Mother Theresa never talked like that! I guess racism and misogyny is apparently ok in Islandview...

Honestly Hermod, is that what you think? Cheap shit landlords taking advantage of urban poor??? Our neighborhood helped folks on hard times stay in their homes.

Guess those honest white out of town folks buying homes for pennies on a dollar will do much or even care about community.

In fact, my husband did greet the dude on his way back. His sluts looked the other way.
    Is he a "slash & burn" slumlord or is he a "gentrifier"? The generally accepted definition of "gentrification" is that of people buying houses in an area, fixing them up, and living in them thus raising the property values and economically forcing out the current residents.

The term "slut" apparently is applied to any woman who is younger, better looking, and economically better off which is a different definition than what it used to be..

I have close family members and many family friends who are DFD firefighters and this kinda shit scares the shit outa me, bad enough they are running into a burning building to save your ass and property but now on occasion they have to dodge frickin rocks and bottles...WTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I wonder if he had on a white suite, a loud print shirt, unbuttoned down to his navel, a gold chain with a razor blade @ the end, and aviator sunglasses, you know, just like on TV.
    Actually sweetheart, I do have a sense of humor and no I am not the sweetheart of the poor and down trodden in Islandview Village. I have decent neighbors with serious pride in their hearts. We have great neighbors and a real neighborhood.

Just keep smashing Detroit , mostly I guess your community is just trailer trash. Keep that hate on, it translates into you are one sick puppy.

Do wonder of course if you are the pervert who sent hate mail to my home. You seem to know so much about me.

Nothing wrong with enjoying my neighbors, my neighbors mowed and cleaned 1.5 acres of property today, bet you enjoyed your GQ.

Heck they could have been his daughters, you know how racey these young girls dress nowadays. Also if the strolling out of towner had been black would he still be accused of gentrification? At least we know the firefighters are safe in that part of town...which is a good thing!

Oooh, this is getting good. Where's some cracker jack when needed?

Sumas, so what is your opinion on Detroiter's throwing rocks and bottles at the city service providers? You seemed to only deny it happened, before going into an anti-suburb, anti-investment rabble about nothing, and concluded with throwing feces at innocent posters. Are you suggesting the report is embellishing, or worse flat out lying?

Actually sweetheart, I do have a sense of humor and no I am not the sweetheart of the poor and down trodden in Islandview Village. I have decent neighbors with serious pride in their hearts. We have great neighbors and a real neighborhood.

Just keep smashing Detroit , mostly I guess your community is just trailer trash. Keep that hate on, it translates into you are one sick puppy.

Do wonder of course if you are the pervert who sent hate mail to my home. You seem to know so much about me.

Nothing wrong with enjoying my neighbors, my neighbors mowed and cleaned 1.5 acres of property today, bet you enjoyed your GQ.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but that'll be for the courts to decide whether or not I have a slander case.

the rant and accusations aside, no one would know anything about you [[such as your address) if you didn't publish so much personal and identifying information in a public forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast