Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Arts Beats and Eats

As usual, the arts were a little lacking - unless you call cheap sundresses, cell phone cases and straw carry bags arts. Pretty good food though. Huge crowd.

Arts, Beats and Eats is getting bigger, better and very crowded at the same time. I enjoy the arts, listening to the beats and ate some exotic food.

There is no art there, just beats and eats. It's called Art's, Beats and Eats because Art Van is one of the sponsors.

Stopped going, several years back. Too crowded. I guess that is a good thing.
    Jazz Festival is more laid back, and nobody has spilled beer on my shoes, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    There is no art there, just beats and eats. It's called Art's, Beats and Eats because Art Van is one of the sponsors.

There is art there. I have seen it. Otherwise there would be no beats and eats.

Was there, tons of people, seemed as tho there was a little riff raff but I was there kind of late so maybe thats the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Jazz Festival is more laid back, and nobody has spilled beer on my shoes, there.
    Young punk spillin beer on my shoes. Fat guy's talkin to me tryin to steal my blues.

Yeah, I'm not fond of eating food in that context, elbow to elbow. And the parking situation. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post

I went back in 2007 when it was in Pontiac and recall the artists that used to be there. At least I have that memory.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    As usual, the arts were a little lacking - unless you call cheap sundresses, cell phone cases and straw carry bags arts. Pretty good food though. Huge crowd.

Rumor is people drove from many different states & many miles to shop those cell phone cases.....

I know Ipones like thin-stemmed wine glasses are delicate and must be encased as soon as you buy them, but what is that? Looks like carnival junk...

I went last night. It was super crowded but all-in-all a good time, minus the hour waiting for Third-Eye Blind to come out. There was definitely plenty of art. Wish I could afford to buy some of it.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Willi Guest

I'll agree the ""great"" artwork from individuals was lacking, it existed, but was hidden among all the idiotic nonsense cluttering the streets. Saw the Hatchetmen and the Ruiners play live along with a bunch of others Saturday. Parking at $15 was steep, but entrance cost is low. The $10 for 16 food tickets was set, I believe, to keep beer/cocktail consumption low [[ 10 ticket, 12 ticket respectively). Easy to blow big money on food and drinks on a hot muggy day like Saturday.

Lobster phone is a homage to Salvador Dali, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I know Ipones like thin-stemmed wine glasses are delicate and must be encased as soon as you buy them, but what is that? Looks like carnival junk...
    Last edited by rjlj; August-31-14 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Rumor is people drove from many different states & many miles to shop those cell phone cases.....
    Think about it though. Just look at that thing and tell me if it's practical at all to lug around a damn cellphone in a lobster shaped cradle. Think ofvayyending business functions and how ridiculous you would look.

Ah-hah! So that's the derivative of it. I must run over to the event and get one fast... NOT......

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Lobster phone is in to homage to Salvador Dali, look it up.

I'm a little thrown by the cost of the food tickets, but the food I tried was good.

side note: Maybe this could replace the annual DetroitYes picnic, lol.. an informal get-together..