Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Losses from the Great Detroit Flood of August 2014?

I am not having luck finding the numbers for the totality of homes flooded as a result of this storm. I can only find loose numbers like 18,000 homes flooded in Warren, 30,000 in Macomb county and 10,000 in Dearborn. But what of other communities? Does anyone have numbers from their location to add to these?

Also, is there any metropolitan-level authority that oversees and gathers this data, or is it county by county?

I suspect the ongoing FEMA assessment would eventually reveal those numbers.

You will also find tens of thousands of homes in Detroit that suffered the same fate. Recent trips down Fenkell, Warren and the like reveal that it is very widespread.

Clawson, Royal Oak, and Hunting Woods were hit pretty hard too, I don't have number for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Clawson, Royal Oak, and Hunting Woods were hit pretty hard too, I don't have number for them.
    Don't forget Ferndale, Hazel Park, Oak Park too

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Don't forget Ferndale, Hazel Park, Oak Park too
    Let's not forget the flooded underpasses in Allen Park, Ecorse and Wyandotte.

Even the first floor of Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital was flooded.

That Great Guy Guest

A property tax of 10 mil would only cost the average homeowner about $500 per year more in taxes. This would be enough to fix the freeways to help avoid future floods and fix crumbling bridges and other structures by raising an extra $1 Billion per year.

Madison Heights