Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default WXYZ to open glass studio in Chase building, facing Campus Martius

Kind of cool to see the media outlets begin to move back down to detroit.. it says their main studio will still be in southfield with the rest of the major corps.. but this is a start.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...wntown-detroit

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...wntown-detroit

Kind of cool to see the media outlets begin to move back down to detroit.. it says their main studio will still be in southfield with the rest of the major corps.. but this is a start
    I raised this idea somewhere on this forum a while ago. That should be nice.

Holy hell. Yes. So did I, not too long ago. It's awesome and welcome news! And while it's not the entire Broadcast House moving, it's a step. Channel 4 is already down there, but their studios are a fortress.

Now for a morning show with people holding signs about how they came from other cities to get on tv in Detroit...we will be the largest city in this country before I die!

Very cool.

I'm still surprised nothing has happened to the relatively small building between the Guardian and Woodward. Seems like such a prime spot.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Very cool.

I'm still surprised nothing has happened to the relatively small building between the Guardian and Woodward. Seems like such a prime spot.

last i heard it's still on the market right? someone i think on here was saying there are major issues with it structurally or something? idk.. but yea i agree that's a building that is ripe for a cool development, especially with all that glass

Too bad it's not up on the 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking, but pretty cool regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Too bad it's not up on the 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking, but pretty cool regardless.
    I think that it's cooler to have it on the ground floor so that walk-by traffic can look in. I think it'll create another "attraction" right in the heart of the city. The upper floor views would make for great camera work, though. Hopefully they can work with the building to put a few cameras on the 2nd or 3rd floor to get a nice shot of the beach or the ice rink.

This is a nice win for downtown.

Way cool!

1953, LOL Al Roker will ask for a transfer so he can talk to the peeps out front....

Great idea and news. It is a marker of growing confidence in Detroit. That said, the ground floor of the 1st National Building would have been a better place. The ground floor of the Qube does not offer a very good view of Campus Martius, whereas 1st National has the best view plus overlooking Cadillac Square. Maybe a setting for WDIV?

YAY!!!!

Channel 7 News Live in Gilberttown Detroit. Take that Today Show!!

What's Live in the D going to do?

... will this generate any new jobs? Obviously not the on-air talent, but...

I made a forum about this awhile back, hoping WDIV Channel 4 to do this same thing. I was being criticized for how this wouldn't work. Now its a great idea?

Great news! A little bigger news than Fox 2 News unveiling their new camera mounted to a building in downtown Detroit.

I saw Channel 4 had a couple of chairs on the concrete out front today.. possibly in [[poor) response.

Does anyone have a pic of the plans for the studio ?

I'd bet you that if you tune in to tomorrow's Live in the D, they'll be protesting this.

It seems like we're getting closer to the likes of Midtown Manhattan or the Chicago Loop.

Very cool.

When was that small building bulit?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    When was that small building bulit?
    I'll add also, who for? Who used it?

Very cool.

I've mentioned this in my forum, here's the link: http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...highlight=WDIV

It's funny how Detroityes'r "Danny" mentioned this : So Live at the D wants be like Rockefeller Plaza! Go luck with that.

This will be day " FROM CHANNEL 4 NEWS, THIS IS LIVE AT THE D. WITH DEVIN SCILLIAN AND RHONDA WALKER, LIVE IN STUDIO 1A IN DAN GILBERT PLAZA."

Instead, it Channel 7

Is it just me or does it it feel a little gimmicky? They haven't really said what it will be used for.
    Is this their token Detroit "satellite" studio. A 24/7 LED rolling news banner with the thing empty 99% of the time? It just feels like their going to stick their reporter in the "news hut" to intro a story about Detroit and that's about it. It's small, but I realize advancements in technology have made this set up possible.

I know people are going jump my shit and say people always complain but I'm not going to praise the move, now if they or someone else decide to move their headquarters downtown, that's another story. Progress in perception at the very least. I'm not trying to sound like BSPAM...

Its basically a PR stunt. They will never move out of Southfield but this is their "presence" downtown. The news stations have been chopping and chopping lately and the chance that & or 2 moves is basically zero. Gilbert probably has them do some free advertisements of his business' in exchange for this space. Nothing but a feel good gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Is it just me or does it it feel a little gimmicky? They haven't really said what it will be used for.
    Is this their token Detroit "satellite" studio. A 24/7 LED rolling news banner with the thing empty 99% of the time? It just feels like their going to stick their reporter in the "news hut" to intro a story about Detroit and that's about it. It's small, but I realize advancements in technology have made this set up possible.

I know people are going jump my shit and say people always complain but I'm not going to praise the move, now if they or someone else decide to move their headquarters downtown, that's another story. Progress in perception at the very least. I'm not trying to sound like BSPAM...

they're starting out by using it just for their noon one hour news segment... aka when the most people will be out in campus martius during lunch time..

at the very least it will maybe get some older folk in the suburbs who watch the news see some parts of detroit that isn't what they think in their minds is a wasteland.. it's progress.. i think we will see them expand and eventually do a few morning segments here and there from that studio eventually. step in the right direction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast