Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit TV-2000-Present

Discuss anything in this thread that relates to anything related to television in Metro Detroit/Windsor from January 1, 2000 to the present, including any current issues and any current television shows on 2, 4, 7, 20, 50, 56 and 62, plus their digital subchannels.

Watching the 11 AM hour of WJBK's morning news right now, I noticed that today, the anchors are Lee Thomas and Amy Andrews. This was the first time I saw them co-anchor the 11 AM hour. Is this something new?

I have in my collection two mid-2000's Detroit TV Guides: one with listings from December 5-11, 2004 and one with listings from May 8-14, 2005.

Later today, when I have enough time to type in all these listings into a Notepad document, I'll start posting the listings for the OTA stations from both editions in a new thread over in the Detroit Connections section-unless you think both editions are too recent to be considered nostalgic.

What regional cable TV companies were there? I know Barden and Comcast were the big ones. We had Comcast in the 80's in GPW. In Warren we have the luxury of both Wide Open West and Comcast. Barden got rolled into Comcast, didn't it? Are any others available, besides U-Verse? What others have there been?

Don't mean to threadjack, but here's an old video of the Barden information channel from 1990:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU_gTdRYKl0
    Last edited by JBMcB; August-13-15 at 02:07 PM.

In the 1980's, Downriver had TCI and Wayne Cablevision, both of which, like Barden, were later absorbed into Comcast. As of 1991, there was United Cable TV in Woodhaven and that later was acquired by either Comcast or WOW. I'm sure Storer Cable was somewhere in southeastern Michigan back in the day too-due to Storer owning channel 2 right up until the mid-1980's.

If we are going to continue to discuss old regional cable TV, we'll continue it here:
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...0-s-and-1990-s
    Last edited by mtburb; August-13-15 at 02:17 PM.

Back when we had Comcast, we had a local access channel that would sometimes have segments from a guy showing videos he took of events and the insides of abandoned buildings in the area. I think it was called "Motor Capitol". I didn't mind his commentaries, and I am glad I recorded a few episodes.

Seems I'm having trouble finding info. on this online.

Today has brought good and bad news.

Good news: WJBK will be adding Heroes & Icons on a new subchannel soon. H&I is the sister network to Decades, Me TV and Movies, all already in operation on WWJ 62.2, WDIV 4.3 and WJBK 2.2 respectively.
    Bad news: WADL has dumped Antenna TV. Antenna's sister network, This, is still on WDIV 4.2.
    Last edited by mtburb; September-18-15 at 09:37 PM.