Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone flying Kites lately? Purchase Local or Suburban?

We've flown novice kites in the past out at Belle Isle and while it's late in the summer I'm interested in both inexpensive and professional options. Mine are all shredded over time. The good ole' diamond shaped ones are fine for the kiddies. Can anyone recommend where to purchase late summer deals before the snow hits? Local and tri-county? Thanks.

There's a place in Plymouth on Main. I've driven by plenty of times but never stopped in.

http://www.kitesandfunthings.com/

Mr K frys kites at like 105 years old he still hanging with the Z people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    We've flown novice kites in the past out at Belle Isle and while it's late in the summer I'm interested in both inexpensive and professional options. Mine are all shredded over time. The good ole' diamond shaped ones are fine for the kiddies. Can anyone recommend where to purchase late summer deals before the snow hits? Local and tri-county? Thanks.
    Anyone flying Kites lately?

No, but I've had several lady friends suggest that to me recently.

Flew many of these paper kites as a kid back in the '60's - Jolly Roger was my favorite:

^^^ It is very hard to find traditionally shaped kites like this. Thanks for the visuals.

Naughty, naughty HT ----! I need the ones for wind that hold with string.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Anyone flying Kites lately?

No, but I've had several lady friends suggest that to me recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ It is very hard to find traditionally shaped kites like this. Thanks for the visuals.
    I would recommend eBay....a quick search & they had 1,000's listed, including the Jolly Roger. I have/fly a 6ft shark kite that sways when flying, it actually appears to be swimming in the air.....

Yes, that is the move I am finding. You can find more variation on the 'Bay than in the stores. For certain.

I saw a few people flying kites at the Riverfront yesterday, was awesome

We bought one at Whistle Stop [[Harper near 9 Mile) last weekend. She held up well, despite my children's best efforts.

^^^ Ain't that the truth! Thank you everyone for your ideas......