Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Orr cedes control of Homeland Security to Mayor Duggan

He also fired the current head of the department.

It was stated it had nothing to do with last week's flooding crisis response, but it sure seems to be fitting a pattern with Orr.

Although considering how the state flinched I'm not sure it's fair to blame this one guy.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014081...eland-Security

All hail Chancellor Duggan!

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    He also fired the current head of the department.

It was stated it had nothing to do with last week's flooding crisis response, but it sure seems to be fitting a pattern with Orr.

Although considering how the state flinched I'm not sure it's fair to blame this one guy.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014081...eland-Security
    Danny -- thanks for making me laugh out loud.

Brizee -- doubt guy's being blamed for this. More like 'we told you to shape up for months, and now this? Bye.

Rolling it into the police department is a good first step. The proper second step is to disband it. How many police departments do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Rolling it into the police department is a good first step. The proper second step is to disband it. How many police departments do we need?
    Answer: As many as there is funding to support. I don't know, but would guess that this department exists because there is [[or was) a federal funding source that was calling to be spent.

It reminds me of when I was working for the federal government. I was looking at a very complicated organization chart and I asked my boss [[a member of the Senior Executive Service) why there were so many special and unconnected "offices" on the chart which were outside the mainstream of the function mission directorates. He said, "Each of those offices has a special little story all of their own, each was set up to address a particular problem at the time, and each has a bureaucratic imperative to perpetuate their own existence."