Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Say what you will about Charlie LeDuff...

he's on the front lines down in Ferguson, sitting next 2 a community activist who dares looters to shoot them, then engaging a local thug who tries to beat him with a traffic cone[[!) shows he's not afraid to engage the story. Bad optics on the part of the looters, as always... http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2631628...os-in-ferguson

that's Fox LA affiliate? does he not work for Fox channel 2 News in Detroit anymore?

hes been on tour for a while, can see his stuff here:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/category...charlie-leduff

I actually like the guy, he reminds me of Bill Bonds a little bit. I had a drink with him in corktown one year at the parade[[not the one where he got in trouble), is he a little bit of a db......? sure but most reporters are. He was decent when I met him and he does good work. Some of the more interesting pieces on local news are by him. I hate foxnews but the local affiliate is killing and out working the competition.
    Last edited by Oddz313; August-20-14 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo

Saw his report from Ferguson, MO the other night and his main local spokesman had some metal in his nose. At least he didn't have a bone in it.
    The guy's appearance really distracted from what he was saying.
    Sometime I think Charlie is more interested in drawing attention to himself than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    I actually like the guy, he reminds me of Bill Bonds a little bit. I had a drink with him in corktown one year at the parade[[not the one where he got in trouble), is he a little bit of a db......? sure but most reporters are. He was decent when I met him and he does good work. Some of the more interesting pieces on local news are by him. I hate foxnews but the local affiliate is killing and out working the competition.

The first thing I thought was it looked like it might have been staged. The people looting looked real but the other stuff could have been set up. I'm pretty skeptical of TV News these days, which is all about entertainment and ratings. I like CBC news.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    The first thing I thought was it looked like it might have been staged. The people looting looked real but the other stuff could have been set up. I'm pretty skeptical of TV News these days, which is all about entertainment and ratings. I like CBC news.
    I've been in situations like that before, and that's pretty much how it goes down. One nutjob flies off the handle and starts swinging. Even when you're in the middle of it, it doesn't seem real.