Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default pictures proving detroit's coming back

has anyone seen these?

they are the pictures that show a burger king with a sign saying "sorry we closed we out of meet"

then theres a coupld of pictures of a couple of "other than classy" women, one with "trust no bitch" earrings and another who should be a "walmart person" with her 2 sizes too small pants hanging off her commando rear end at what looks like a lay-away counter...

the next picture of a lady's unshaven legs with spike heel sandals duct taped on...

of course the "back window family" decal that shows a mom, half-dozen kids and the father presumably behind bars...

there are two more restaurant pictures with "sorry we cant sale burgers at this time. are grill is down" and a Taco Bell with the marquee says "we open"...

then the last is a black girl with a tattoo on her cheek that says "loyalty"...

the question i have about these is there is obviously no proof theyre of detroit or its residents but i got it in an email and i would really like to positively disprove they are pictures of detroit. im in port huron so i really dont have an skin in the game but im as pro-detroit as anyone here. especially since dumb ass attitudes like that affect SE michigan and the entire state...

does anyone know if these are actual photos of detroiters? has anyone gotten them in an email showing them as photos of say philly? cleveland? etc?

thanks

We funny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    they are the pictures that show a burger king with a sign saying "sorry we closed we out of meet"
    That one was taken at a Burger King in Philadelphia...

I don't see any pictures?

I haven't seen these, but no doubt similar things could be found if one looked. I really don't know what it would demonstrate other than that there are at least some people in Detroit who don't care about proper spelling or who have some weird ideas about what is appropriate. I don't really think anyone doubts that.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I haven't seen these, but no doubt similar things could be found if one looked. I really don't know what it would demonstrate other than that there are at least some people in Detroit who don't care about proper spelling or who have some weird ideas about what is appropriate. I don't really think anyone doubts that.
    it was obviously full of sarcasm and a jab at the educational and economic and cultural situation in detroit...

FormerDetroiter, you dont see any pictures because i didnt post them here. absolutely no reason to perpetuate the notion that everyone in detroit is an uneducated uncooth ghetto slob...

and as was mentioned the one picture was taken in philly...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    has anyone seen these?

then theres a coupld of pictures of a couple of "other than classy" women, one with "trust no bitch" earrings and another who should be a "walmart person" with her 2 sizes too small pants hanging off her commando rear end at what looks like a lay-away counter...

the next picture of a lady's unshaven legs with spike heel sandals duct taped on...

of course the "back window family" decal that shows a mom, half-dozen kids and the father presumably behind bars...

there are two more restaurant pictures with "sorry we cant sale burgers at this time. are grill is down" and a Taco Bell with the marquee says "we open"...

then the last is a black girl with a tattoo on her cheek that says "loyalty"...

the question i have about these is there is obviously no proof theyre of detroit or its residents but i got it in an email and i would really like to positively disprove they are pictures of detroit. im in port huron so i really dont have an skin in the game but im as pro-detroit as anyone here. especially since dumb ass attitudes like that affect SE michigan and the entire state...

does anyone know if these are actual photos of detroiters? has anyone gotten them in an email showing them as photos of say philly? cleveland? etc?

thanks
    My folks were in France during the 1967 riots. Media was featuring pics of bombed out Dresden during 2nd world war purporting it as Detroit.

Had a community meeting and pulled out pics of our community youth doing great things. Moms, Dads, Grandmas saying things like that's my baby. Good things do happen here. Just not chronicled.

Things of course aren't all rosy. As a community we are writing 3 grants. Called a neighboring association for a little advice and was told white folk don't "get" black youth???? Last I looked kids are kids. Have droves here almost daily. Our community support our youth. I do live in a great neighborhood that overcame racism and even reverse racism.

My dad sent me those. My response to him was not very polite. Judging from the forwarding history, the email I got came from deep in the S. Carolina tea party, and possibly deeper into the national. Mike Huckabee was in that chain

By the tread title I was hopping for pics of new good things in the D. Instead it sounds like nothing but a racist email thread. Plenty of people pushing hate through Email. Thanks for not posting, that garbage attracts well..... racist. We're full up here so go peddle somewhere else-