Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Packard plant plans?

Has anyone heard who might be moving to the Packard plant and who thinks the new owner will deliver?

I hear it is going to become a Cheesecake Factory, a House of Blues, an Ikea, a Super Walmart, and a bus garage!

I heard that the Disney company is going to build a theme park in the Packard plant. It will be the Disneyland of the north.

I heard if you include a question mark at the end of your thread title or, better yet, ask the full question in the title; people will not click to see or read what appears to be new information on the "Packard Plant plans".

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Has anyone heard who might be moving to the Packard plant and who thinks the new owner will deliver?
    My money rides on the new owner will not.....nothing, I mean nothing has improved since the purchase.....did I mention nothing?

Carry On -

I visited the Packard plant several times recently. Most importantly, there is often a
    security guard in a vehicle near the property. There is also an attractive sign showing
    some Packards.

I heard it's going to become a career training center. Detroit youth can learn how to rob photographers @ gunpoint and make a living.

Well at least they have a sign! So restoration has to be just around the corner.

... and it's guarded. Must be a lonely job.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I heard it's going to become a career training center. Detroit youth can learn how to rob photographers @ gunpoint and make a living.
    Good one!

So has the new owner reached out to Dan Gilbert yet? Assuming the new owner really plans to follow through on his plans, something needs to happen within a year to at least show that he's serious.

The problem with the Packard Plant is that it's in the straight ghetto. Who would invest in redeveloping that place with the low probability of anything succeeding long term?

He should install one new window every 6-12 months to show the progress he's making.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Well at least they have a sign! So restoration has to be just around the corner.

I can remember a huge sign for the Monroe Street bicentennial project. Maybe it will be as successful at that one was! http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...6-Monroe-Block