Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Primary day tomorrow [[Aug 5) including Wayne County Exec

Does Ficano quietly lose the primary?

Big story which seemingly gets little publicity.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/in...l#incart_river

Ficano is done, finished. Today is will be last day in politics!!! I'm throwing a going away party for him.

By the way Vote yes, yes, yes on the SMART bus millage. Save regional transit.

Buh-bye Ficano. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Well, here's to hoping Wild will become the new executive [[because, if he was able to turn a city around, why can't he do the same with the county?) and that SMART will continue to survive into the foreseeable future.

Bill may just be a little TOO Wild for this job, on closer examination. Just hope Evans doesn't carry the majority due to the multitude of choices. The county is in dire straits. This decision must be made responsibly . Be sure you all review the background & associations of these candidates and vote confidently. After all, WE are responsible for putting shady leaders in positions that allow them to milk our tax dollars

Bill Wild not only got the people of Westland on his side, the rest of NW to western Wayne County, too. Evans got Detroiters, Inkster and Highland Park on his side the rest of county remain undecided.

Evans also has Matty Maroun. He didn't have my vote anyway.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/blog/2...vans-campaign/

Remember, it's an open-book test, and you're encouraged to bring your own notes.

http://www.vote411.org/

Voter #28. Poll workers were joking about how light the turnout was. Maybe it will pickup if the rain goes away.

I don't live in Wayne County, but one of the things I'm really looking forward to tonight is seeing Ficano not even make it out of the primary, it will bring me great pleasure.

Hopefully once he's out of the running, the Feds can carry on and do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by babeeblumer View Post
    Bill may just be a little TOO Wild for this job, on closer examination. Just hope Evans doesn't carry the majority due to the multitude of choices. The county is in dire straits. This decision must be made responsibly . Be sure you all review the background & associations of these candidates and vote confidently. After all, WE are responsible for putting shady leaders in positions that allow them to milk our tax dollars
    Whether you like it or not, Evans is the frontrunner and probably wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Voter #28. Poll workers were joking about how light the turnout was. Maybe it will pickup if the rain goes away.
    I was #187 at 7 pm. The poll worker said it was the lightest turnout since 1990.