Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Virtually All Street Lights Along Grand River Ave. Btw McNichols and Southfield Lit

I traveled down Grand River between McNichols and the Southfield Freeway late Friday night and counted every street light working except one at McNichols and Grand River. Pretty impressive to see all the new LED lights shining very bright. Many of the side streets in Rosedale Park and North Rosedale Park are getting new lamp posts and LED lights. Still waiting for Outer Drive south of Grand River to get some new lights soon. Kudos to those in charge of getting the lights back on.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    I traveled down Grand River between McNichols and the Southfield Freeway late Friday night and counted every street light working except one at McNichols and Grand River. Pretty impressive to see all the new LED lights shining very bright. Many of the side streets in Rosedale Park and North Rosedale Park are getting new lamp posts and LED lights. Still waiting for Outer Drive south of Grand River to get some new lights soon. Kudos to those in charge of getting the lights back on.
    How does the brightness compare with the previous lights?

The LED lights are brighter than the previous lights, but to me the LEDs don't cover as much area. If you are underneath them it's very bright, but move away and there's not another one nearby, it gets dark. I don't know, on the side streets the trees might be interfering with the brightness . There's a new LED light at the corner of Grandville and Midland in Rosedale Park and the house across the street is in complete darkness. However, on Grand River, with the new lights, it;s like night and day.

Good to hear about the lights coming on.

When I was in town [[early July) I drove from Comerica to 94 via 2nd or 3rd [[not sure which) and there wasn't a light to be found. This was the night game vs. Dodgers. [[guess it was part of my see-Detroit-sans-daylight-or-lights-tour.)

Not good. Kind of wish I had taken Woodward.
    Last edited by emu steve; August-03-14 at 05:23 AM.

This time it will be tamper proof.

YAY Duggan!

Four more years for Mayor of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Good to hear about the lights coming on.

When I was in town [[early July) I drove from Comerica to 94 via 2nd or 3rd [[not sure which) and there wasn't a light to be found. This was the night game vs. Dodgers. [[guess it was part of my see-Detroit-sans-daylight-or-lights-tour.)

Not good. Kind of wish I had taken Woodward.
    Give it some time. The Detroit Lighting Dept. is lighting up Detroit ghetto hoods one LED lighting at a time.