Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Migrant teens from Central America to be housed in Farmington Hills

Contracts to house the teens have been issued. The federal gov is very responsive and efficient as of late. The comments to this are interesting already....

From article:

Wellspring has a contract for up to one year to house up to 24 males between the ages of 14 to 16. It provides safety, food and shelter, guidance and education.

Ken Massey, Farmington Hills city councilman said that there may be some relatives of the teens in the area who could be reunited.

Barnett said that it is a federal issue, the state and community did not ask for this.

"Put yourself in the shoes of a mom or dad," she said. "How bad must it be, where they are for them to make their way alone all this distance."

The question is, what is the next step, Largent said, asking about the safety of the borders.

"This is a humanitarian crisis in the short term," Largent said. We're a pretty flexible community and I think we'll take them in and do right by them...We have to see what the long-term solution is going to be, but it can't be living in Farmington Hills.
    "http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26...rmington-hills

What do you we want to put these Hispanic Children? Southwest Detroit. I don't think so. At least Farmington Hills will have a small Hispanic commune.
    Last edited by Danny; August-01-14 at 04:47 PM.

And here I am, busting my butt, going into work daily, paying high taxes, paying a good portion of my medical, and I have to scrounge up to live in the "D". Can I revoke my citizenship?

Got this as an email the other day and want to share it.

Dear Mr. President , U. S. Senate and Congress:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my husband's health, and I would like to ask you to assist me. We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico , and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.
    We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:
    1. Free medical care for my entire family.
    2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
    3. All Mexico government forms, printed in Spanish, need to also be printed in English.
    4. I want my kids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking [[bi-lingual) teachers.
    5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
    6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school.
    7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
    8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
    9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.
    10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.
    11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put U S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
    12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.
    13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say a critical thing about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who come to the U.S. from Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.
    Sincerely,
    U.S. Citizen & Taxpayer

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    And here I am, busting my butt, going into work daily, paying high taxes, paying a good portion of my medical, and I have to scrounge up to live in the "D". Can I revoke my citizenship?
    Nobody's stopping you.

Oh god, they are going to come and take our jobs! How dare we let people immigrate into this country! I was born here and have a right to be here, it's not like anyone has ever immigrated into the Great Nation of America!!

edit - Unless they clean my house/pool/yard/office/etc!! Then they can be here illegally but I will still totally flip my lid about "them illegals" all the time.

Or unless they are the right Spanish speakers; that is, Cuban.

"Give me your tired, your poor, I'll piss on 'em. That's what the statue of bigotry says."

Lou Reed, Dirty Blvd
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/loureed/dirtyblvd.html

The Nativists are back!

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."
    — Pat Paulsen

Just come into our country legally....what's so difficult to understand about that?

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Just come into our country legally....what's so difficult to understand about that?
    The claim being made is they are refugees fleeing violence and the serious risks associated with living in the various failed and narco states of Central and South America.

Its a fundamental, first principles issue that is being ignored in this case by the teahadist real 'mericans blockading buses. This is not just a bunch of day laborers that hopped the fence and are hanging out at the home depot, these are kids and women with small kids seeking escape and asking for rescue.

The children in question are coming into our country legally. They surrender themselves legally to CBP/ICE at the border, and then are handled according to requirements of the Homeland Security Act of 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    The claim being made is they are refugees fleeing violence and the serious risks associated with living in the various failed and narco states of Central and South America.

Its a fundamental, first principles issue that is being ignored in this case by the teahadist real 'mericans blockading buses. This is not just a bunch of day laborers that hopped the fence and are hanging out at the home depot, these are kids and women with small kids seeking escape and asking for rescue.
    Escape and rescue from narco states that were created in the wake of years of failed drug policies put forth by none other than the exact people who think these people should be deported and forgotten.

But you know, I werked hard and payed mah taxes and i am a hard werkni murrican lower taxes ban immigration!!!!

Bring on all the immigrants, larger pool of humans means a larger pool to develop talent from. I can definitely tell you the children of many "business entrepreneurs" are not what I would describe as "hard working".

What ever happened to the middle?

We need to feed, clothe, shelter, and screen them. Those who properly qualify for asylum [[which will be few) under the current laws will then begin the process. The rest should then be sent back to their countries of origin.

I got news for you, Central America being a violent, lawless, and generally dogshit place isn't a new thing and it precedes the war on drugs. Criteria for asylum isn't simply coming from someplace violent. The US would have to take in half the world, then, sadly, and we just can't do that. It's nonsensical and a purely emotional response to a complex problem that requires both empathy and strategy.

The Right will be screaming for deportation of all undocumented people and sealing of borders. The left will be whining about amnesty for everyone [[while at the same time, bafflingly, denouncing and making fun of their own country which these migrants are fleeing to). Meanwhile, Congress will do nothing. Literally nothing.

I say give amnesty to those who have lived here for years as law-abiding, tax-paying, hardworking people, deport all those with criminal records, and invest in sealing the border.

And yeah, all this requires more money, you Republican shitbags.

I laugh at all the people who are all going crazy over this. Wake up. We need people to pick strawberries, clean toilets, wash dishes etc... All the jobs you super patriots can't and won't do. Also, you never see the elite Republicans say anything about immigrants. Nope. They need someone to cut their grass, clean their house, etc... People in this country don't get it. They are doing the jobs, nobody wants to do. If you want to stop all these illegals from coming here, start building factories in central america instead of China.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    What ever happened to the middle?

We need to feed, clothe, shelter, and screen them. Those who properly qualify for asylum [[which will be few) under the current laws will then begin the process. The rest should then be sent back to their countries of origin.

I got news for you, Central America being a violent, lawless, and generally dogshit place isn't a new thing and it precedes the war on drugs. Criteria for asylum isn't simply coming from someplace violent. The US would have to take in half the world, then, sadly, and we just can't do that. It's nonsensical and a purely emotional response to a complex problem that requires both empathy and strategy.

The Right will be screaming for deportation of all undocumented people and sealing of borders. The left will be whining about amnesty for everyone [[while at the same time, bafflingly, denouncing and making fun of their own country which these migrants are fleeing to). Meanwhile, Congress will do nothing. Literally nothing.

I say give amnesty to those who have lived here for years as law-abiding, tax-paying, hardworking people, deport all those with criminal records, and invest in sealing the border.

And yeah, all this requires more money, you Republican shitbags.
    In the Roman Empire [[on the verge of dying), Emperor Caesar Hadrianus built a wall to keep out the Caledonia natives [[Scottish folks). It only worked for until the year A.D. 410 when the Romans decided to leave Britannia and save the defend what's left of their eternal city of Rome from barbarians.

That is what happening here in United States. We built a wall to keep out upside down Hispanic nations from Mexico to all of South American lands. Soon more English Speaking Americans will be pulling out of the southwest United States leaving the lands back to Hispanic folks.

In the mid 1800s Americans won the war against Mexico and took their NW lands. Now they are taking back their lands, by jumping the walls and crossing the Rio Grande.

Pretty goddamn impossible to do if you're a poor teenager from Honduras. We let very few people from those parts of Latin America immigrate legally, and almost all of them come with some resources and have had to wait for many many years.

Part of immigration reform was going to be making it easier for more people to apply and be admitted legally, and to work here either temporarily or permanently. And the GOP know-nothings freaked the hell out and then blocked everything and did nothing.

Americans, remember this poem:

“The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles.
    From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    “"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she
    With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Are we going to give asylum to those Hispanic Kids?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Pretty goddamn impossible to do if you're a poor teenager from Honduras. We let very few people from those parts of Latin America immigrate legally, and almost all of them come with some resources and have had to wait for many many years.

Part of immigration reform was going to be making it easier for more people to apply and be admitted legally, and to work here either temporarily or permanently. And the GOP know-nothings freaked the hell out and then blocked everything and did nothing.
    The US could easily seal the borders and prevent illegals but the rich Republicans don't want that because they need cheap labor. Its always the knucklehead republicans making peanuts screaming.

The Dems and the Repubs BOTH have a 'dog' in this fight!

Our Dem elite handlers for example will increase their power ala increase the loyal voting block from green lighting this.

But will the party survive?

More and more Dems are expressing concern and outrage - stepping out of the partisan box and seeing this for what it is.

Not just the REPUBS 'screaming' this time, when this fully rolls-out, impacting more people personally and not just politically.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    The US could easily seal the borders and prevent illegals but the rich Republicans don't want that because they need cheap labor. Its always the knucklehead republicans making peanuts screaming.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-02-14 at 06:50 AM.

Democrats, Republicans, what's morally right what's morally wrong? Are you a lover or a hater? Keep them here or send them back? Hey get a clue this is bigger than that. These kids/young adults have no business being here. Neither do the drugs and criminals coming in from mexico.
    This much different than immigration years ago and everyone knows it so don't compare the two. No one should enter into nor remain here unless it's done legally. If mexico and those other countries cleaned up their acts and stepped into the 21st century we wouldn't have this problem. "Come to America the Babysitter of the World" funny how one of citizens sits in a Mexican jail for 130 days for crossing their border illegally but they hit the jackpot of free food and access to free medical care? And speaking of the jobs they will perform...... creating a sub culture of under paid ultra poor people who aren't really citizens of the U.S. sounds like history repeating itself. It was wrong then and this wrong now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The Dems and the Repubs BOTH have a 'dog' in this fight!...
    Kinda difficult balancing on a tight wire by waving only your right hand, eh?

I wonder what Canadian customs at the bridge or tunnel would do if I sent my kids over to them to live for free in Ontario so I could get out of raising them?

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityTrikes View Post
    Democrats, Republicans, what's morally right what's morally wrong? Are you a lover or a hater? Keep them here or send them back? Hey get a clue this is bigger than that. These kids/young adults have no business being here. Neither do the drugs and criminals coming in from mexico.
    This much different than immigration years ago and everyone knows it so don't compare the two. No one should enter into nor remain here unless it's done legally. If mexico and those other countries cleaned up their acts and stepped into the 21st century we wouldn't have this problem. "Come to America the Babysitter of the World" funny how one of citizens sits in a Mexican jail for 130 days for crossing their border illegally but they hit the jackpot of free food and access to free medical care? And speaking of the jobs they will perform...... creating a sub culture of under paid ultra poor people who aren't really citizens of the U.S. sounds like history repeating itself. It was wrong then and this wrong now.
    The biggest market for drugs is the US. The elite Republicans [[Who keep silent on immigration) who own the chicken plants and mega farms need someone to pick strawberries and cut up chickens to freeze. You know, I went and picked my own strawberries a few weeks back at a local orchard and its tough work. Who is going to pick strawberries. Certainly not me or you. This rah rah send them back bullshit would set this country back 100 years. We need someone to wash dishes and clean toilets and they are happy to come here and do it. Let them stay and pay taxes. Look at all the stupid shit we spent in Iraq or how this country immediately sends billions to Israel but we can't fix a damn road. You make it sound like we are housing kids in the Ritz Carlton and they are eating lobster and steak. Wish people would wake up and ask about the money in Iraq and ASSghanistan that went down the tubes and continues to go down the tubes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast