Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Long John Silver's - National Ad With Detroit Plug

Below is a national ad for Long John Silver's with a plug for Nancy Whiskey's in Corktown:

I'm confused, is this an ad for LJS or Nancy's Whiskey's? I mean, it's cool that it seemed sort of like a shout-out but no LJS I've ever been to looks as exciting as Nancy's in that ad.

I never see their restaurants when I stay in the area but I'm usually downtown or Troy. I just did a search and see they are either in the city or inner ring suburbs. Is it a blue-collar demographics thing because I see them all over in other parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I never see their restaurants when I stay in the area but I'm usually downtown or Troy. I just did a search and see they are either in the city or inner ring suburbs. Is it a blue-collar demographics thing because I see them all over in other parts of the country.
    Long John Silver's?

In the city, there's one on Gratiot by City Airport [[across from the 9th Precinct) and one at 7 Mile & The Lodge Freeway.

There's also one on 8 Mile near Ryan in Warren.

There's not a whole lot of them around here...

also one on telegraph near Eureka.. and one on Dix [[Lincoln Park?)...

It seems to me that the one commercial they were running in the beginning of July where they talk about "St. Al's fish fry" looked like it was filmed at St. Albertus. No confirmation of that, but the buildings, particularly the inside shots, looked like it.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    I'm confused, is this an ad for LJS or Nancy's Whiskey's? I mean, it's cool that it seemed sort of like a shout-out but no LJS I've ever been to looks as exciting as Nancy's in that ad.
    It's funny you mention that.

Apparently, Nancy Whiskey's has been bombarded with calls from customers about their fish since the ad started broadcasting.

http://www.mlive.com/business/detroi...ngs_natio.html

It was made by Creative Alliance in Louisville, KY [[I wonder if a Detroiter is working on LJS' account?).