Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Suggestions for Sunday Brunch

Visiting Detroit late August. Want to have Sunday Breakfast/Brunch in Detroit, what would you recommend?
    Prefer the midtown or central location. Maybe a central suburb like Ferndale, but must be accessible from westside and eastside because people live on both sides of city.

Would recommend La Dolce Vita, 17546 Woodward, just above 6 Mile. Phone: 313 865 0331.
    Patio advised in good weather.

Majestic Cafe - great eggs benedict and much more.

One in Corktown and three in Midtown. All recommended.

Le Petit Zinc. Lepetitzincdetroit.com

Maccabees. Macabeesdetroit.com

Seva. Sevarestaurant.com

Traffic Jam. Trafficjamdetroit.com

Harmonie Garden does a pretty great all-you-can-eat buffet on Sunday. Not going to find any scrambled eggs or bacon, but there's usually a full spread of great middle eastern food plus a few oddball dishes. For example, I once had a falafel waffle. 3rd & Forest.

My partner and I enjoy brunch at Marais in Grosse Pointe on Kercheval by Cadieux.
    The owner/chef was invited to cook for the James Beard gathering and thats quite a honor!
    The interior is nicely decorated and food is tops for the area.

Seconding Macabee's, that place is great.
    Woodbridge Pub at Trumbull and Merrick.
    Hudson Cafe is always a fantastic bet.
    Ferndale options, Dino's is pretty good. John D's was great but always crowded in a previous life. The Emory is great, One Eyed Betty's is also great but definitely more of a "Sunday Funday" excursion.

I recommend sticking to Detroit as your options won't be as crowded and generally are less booze-filled rager oriented.

Macabee's, Grand Trunk, Fountain Bistro, and Craft Work are all good options in the greater downtown area. Grand Trunk is more of a bar style place, and will probably be the most crowded of the four.

2 eggs over, hashbrowns with onions, link sausage, whole wheat toast and a glass of milk!

I haven't been there, but Toast in Ferndale is supposed to be good. Of the places I've been, I'd recommend Hudson Cafe [[expect a wait). Grand Trunk and Fountain Bistro are decent brunches as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    2 eggs over, hashbrowns with onions, link sausage, whole wheat toast and a glass of milk!

Is that what the kids call "Confusion Food"? Do you buy that out of a truck?

Toast is a pretty small space. Good but hard to find table space even for two sometimes.

Good suggestions. I'm thinking of trying Harmonie Park, soon. Last time I was there, decades ago, if memory is correct, it was the Del Rio Bar.
    That was no place for food, of any kind!
    Last edited by Bobl; July-30-14 at 06:39 PM.

Toast is fun with great food.... tough a bit cramped - but that's the charm of it when your in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I haven't been there, but Toast in Ferndale is supposed to be good. Of the places I've been, I'd recommend Hudson Cafe [[expect a wait). Grand Trunk and Fountain Bistro are decent brunches as well.

I've never had eggs-bennie. I must try MC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Majestic Cafe - great eggs benedict and much more.

Toast is very good but small and busy. Check Yelp for other options in Ferndale. The reviews are usually a good indicator of what's worth your time.

White Castle on Michigan has Chicken and Waffles. You have to eat it in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    White Castle on Michigan has Chicken and Waffles. You have to eat it in your car.
    You don't HAVE to eat it in your car. You can go over to the train station, sit on the lawn and eat it. Depending on the time of day, you could also use Slow's outside dining area.

bloody marys

for some place different try this place
    http://thezenithatthefisher.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You don't HAVE to eat it in your car. You can go over to the train station, sit on the lawn and eat it. Depending on the time of day, you could also use Slow's outside dining area.
    You are Mister Fancy!

Chicken and waffles?

New Center Eatery. Newcentereatery.com

open for Sunday brunch.

The Grille Midtown had pretty good fare when my wife and I ate there a couple of weeks ago. Also Cass Cafe is always a winner.

Joe Muers in Ren Cen ..... but a bit pricey.

Yeah they even have one in Ferndale on Woodward. LOL! For fast food fair their coffee is fine and the sausage and wheat bread doo dad is pretty good for your infrequent grease groove. Eating it in car is part of the WC experience!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post