Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Your thoughts on Warren Evans campaign for Wayne County Executive

The judge has just ruled that Warren Evans may stay on the ballot for Wayne County Executive. Your thoughts!

http://www.freep.com/article/2014072...igibility-suit

I don't like him. Seems like bringing more of the same old skeletons that were on the ship when it first sank.

I don't get a vote in this, I'm not a Wayne County resident.

Not my guy in this race.

well, with Evans history with the DPD, that whole debacle with the reality tv show, and the the shooting of the 7 year old girl, during a police raid, while said reality tv cameras were rolling, not to mention the sex scandal with one of his female officers....well, he gets the serious side eye from me as being able to run Wayne County with any semblance of integrity or compatence is highly questionable!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...e-county-exec/

I will go wild for William Wild. Forget Evans. I don't need some same old mess like Ficano to run Wayne County Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I will go wild for William Wild. Forget Evans. I don't need some same old mess like Ficano to run Wayne County Government.
    Another Wild fan here-even though I will not make it to the poll centers and I'm only in Wyandotte. I also agree with you-Ficano needs to go!

I lived in Westland for six years [[2006-12) and Bill Wild did what was necessary to keep the city operating despite the tax revenue cuts due to a sharp decline in home values. He managed the clean up of toxic waste in the grounds of the city's Central Park, a problem he inherited from the previous administration. Bill Wild has demonstrated his competence and will be a welcome change to the politics of Robert Ficano.

Warren Evans is a good man but I question his judgment that led to the death of the 7-year-old girl.

I can't wait for the reality show.

I have too many questions about Evans being fired by Bing. Even though the affair he had while DPD Chief was not illegal or against department policy, sticking your pen in the company ink is just stupid.

I figure anyone who has been on the County Commission during the Ficano regime is disqualified for letting Ficano run wild, so that eliminates McNamara, who is on the Comission now, and Cavanaugh, who was on the Commission during the Ficano regime before being elected to the state house.

That leaves me with Wild, the only candidate not connected to a scandal.

Seems to me a guy fired by Bing who comes from the Wayne county machine would be the very definition of "business as usual".

I agree with all the comments about Evans, but it looks like barring any major developments, he'll be the next WCE. He's gaining a lot of support.

Evans has WAY too much baggage and far too little expertise for the challenges of saving our sinking county. In addition to questionable judgement in relationships, residency, & reality TV, he had issues during ownership of the Porter Street Station property in Corktown some time back. Very surprising to me that Duggan has chosen to be associated with, let alone endorse, such a candidate. Wild appears to be a competent choice.

I agree with almost everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by babeeblumer View Post
    Evans has WAY too much baggage and far too little expertise for the challenges of saving our sinking county. In addition to questionable judgement in relationships, residency, & reality TV, he had issues during ownership of the Porter Street Station property in Corktown some time back. Very surprising to me that Duggan has chosen to be associated with, let alone endorse, such a candidate. Wild appears to be a competent choice.

boy' you hit the nail on the head with this post!!! with all his baggage, for the life of me I can't imagine what Duggan's motivation for endorsing this man could be. Tell you what, I kinda give Duggan the serious side-eye for standing up for this man. Shameful. And I really like Duggan.

But then again, aren't they all cut from the same cloth? All from the McNamara machine. Barrel of snakes!

It's essentially unanimous here, yet the political machine, including that worthless rag the "Free" Press, endorsed Warren Evans, for unknown reasons [[other than their editorial board and reporters are in bed with GM and the political cronies around town)

It's a sham. They all endorsed Bing, too, and what an empty suit he turned out to be. I'm a firm believer in democracy but it is hard to find the State of Michigan. We have heir apparents, not candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    It's essentially unanimous here,

It's a sham. They all endorsed Bing, too, and what an empty suit he turned out to be. .
    I live in Canton, and Wild is the only candidate I see lawn signs for. Turnout for primaries is usually very light, so the votes that are cast will carry a greater weight then those cast in November, when turnout will be higher.

Bing was not entirely an empty suit. He did accomplish 2 things: firing Evans and firing Goodbee.

It's essentially unanimous here, yet the political machine, including that worthless rag the "Free" Press, endorsed Warren Evans, for unknown reasons [[other than their editorial board and reporters are in bed with GM and the political cronies around town)

It's a sham. They all endorsed Bing, too, and what an empty suit he turned out to be. I'm a firm believer in democracy but it is hard to find the State of Michigan. We have heir apparents, not candidates.
    Yes, I agree with much of what you said. The media determines these elections in many ways. I like Duggan but the only reason people are so impressed with Duggan is because of the media or you live in downtown or midtown. Those that live in many of the neighborhoods do not see much of a difference. They were bragging about snow removal last winter and it was crap

We got nothing on Illinois and New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I'm not agreeing with that. As bad as Chicago politics are Detroit politics are worse.

Warren Evans full name is Warren Cleague Evans. His maternal uncle was Albert Cleague, founder of the Church of the Black Madonna and the Black Slate.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Warren Evans full name is Warren Cleague Evans. His maternal uncle was Albert Cleague, founder of the Church of the Black Madonna and the Black Slate.
    That explains the "vote the black slate" campaign signs I've seen around town.

That explains a lot of things.

Evans has demonstrated that walking the path in a manner true to his admirable heritage is not always easy. He is not the best candidate for this position. Even the bio on his website is "sketchy" and filled with gaps in his personal data. Wayne County voters need to take responsibility for their votes. Media needs to assist voters by accurately reporting the backstory. Residents are literally paying the price for electing substandard candidates that have used their positions for personal prestige rather than for the good of the public they represent. Live & learn-please be responsible, informed voters this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I know. Those states actually function. We elect criminals who simply enrich themselves [[like Kwame) or their friends [[like Snyder) while completely lacking any ability to govern effectively.

Driven the roads lately? Attended the schools lately? Applied for a job lately? Geeze Louise. Enough with the cronies.

yeah i'm going for wild too.

i had trouble getting any contact from the wild team though. no response to emails.
    nor did i see anyone in the campaign office over in taylor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast