Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A Love Letter To Detroit

Bet that got your attention

"It’s Detroit’s 313th birthday – and with that, one resident has his own special message for the city. Wayne County Probate Judge Terrance Keith recently published a book called “Sunrise on the Detroit River: A Love Letter to Detroit.”
    “Detroit needs to know, the nation needs to know that Detroit is loved,” Keith told WWJ’s Vickie Thomas. “[The book] is a collection of photos, there’s about 100 photos out of several thousand, and it’s set to the theme of Les Miserables, the love themes in Les Misérables.”
    Keith said the idea for his book started when he moved from the west side to Riverfront Apartments in 2007.
    “The first morning that I awakened, I saw the sun arise on the Detroit River,” he said. “I had never seen such a sight in Detroit.”
    Keith described his book as a love story of how the sun gently rises in a colorful array of light, anew each day.
    “From [Victor] Hugo’s quote of saying ‘If no one loved, the sun would go out’ and I wanted to say, by using the quotes from Les Misérables, that Detroit is loved — the sun will never go out,” he said.
    Keith is having a book signing next Wednesday, July 30 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Detroit Public Library Main Branch on Woodward Avenue".

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/07/...unseen-beauty/

Who is the publisher of Sunrise on the Detroit River? Amazon.com does not list it in their
    book section. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    Who is the publisher of Sunrise on the Detroit River? Amazon.com does not list it in their
    book section. Thanks.
    I don't see it in the article... you could call the Library, or maybe go to the book signing?

"It’s Detroit’s 313th birthday – and with that, one resident has his own special message for the city. Wayne County Probate Judge Terrance Keith recently published a book called “Sunrise on the Detroit River: A Love Letter to Detroit.”

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    book section. Thanks.
    If you look closely at the photo of the book, you'll see the sticker that it says it is published by Ashworth & Keith. A 1500-copy first printing.

So this book appears to be self-published.

Following the book launch and signing event at the main Detroit Public Library on July 30, online sales begin.
    Last edited by Kathleen; July-25-14 at 09:57 AM.