Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 205 W. Congress just put on the market on craigslist

I just saw this it looks like it was just put up
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bfs/4583060451.html

LOL Craigslist?! Oh Lord. Seems like a reasonable ask though. Such a wonderful building.

Seems good as an event space, which could generate solid income. If I were in that market, I'd want to have a look at the size so that I could know the top-end event size. I assume it has a kitchen? If so would want to know how big. I wonder if it could have a separate daytime use, and also, whether the roof is accessible and buildable.

i want this

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    LOL Craigslist?! Oh Lord. Seems like a reasonable ask though. Such a wonderful building.

Seems good as an event space, which could generate solid income. If I were in that market, I'd want to have a look at the size so that I could know the top-end event size. I assume it has a kitchen? If so would want to know how big. I wonder if it could have a separate daytime use, and also, whether the roof is accessible and buildable.
    You'll be surprised to see the things posted on Craigslist...

Betcha Dan Gilbert reads Craigslist...at least today...just sayin.

In the heart of Financial District. Nightclub/Restaurant Opportunity. Former Nightclub Plan B/Chrome. 8000 sq.ft. Turn-key operation. Liquor license available. Sound/light systems, bars, coolers, ice machines. $200,000+signing of lease. 1st time offer. Just came on market. Highly acclaimed Nightclub space. Serious inquiries only.
    This ad does not describe a building for sale. It is advertising a business for sale.

Despite the picture of the building in the ad, this does indeed seem like an ad for the sale of the business inside the building.

The building is the Bankers Trust Building, opened in 1925. A Wirt Rowland design.
    http://historicdetroit.org/building/...pany-building/

Once home to a McDonald's! Back in the early-mid '80s. Stopped there every morning on my way to our offices in the Penobscot. That was a nice reuse of the building for that time.

Makes sense, particularly with the +lease language. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Once home to a McDonald's! Back in the early-mid '80s. Stopped there every morning on my way to our offices in the Penobscot. That was a nice reuse of the building for that time.
    Did you ever go to the place on Congress across the street from the Penobscott for yogurt? Or Mickey's?

Wasn't there a Starbuck there for a while?

Here is the Google Street View >>

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Wasn't there a Starbuck there for a while?

Here is the Google Street View >>
    The Starbuck was a block East in the Buhl Building; same corner though.

I would not get too excited about buying a nightclub for $200k, it is not the building that is being sold, just the business. You will still have to pay rent on top of that. It is not yours.

No doubt. I amend my earlier statement to: 'that's quite the ask.'

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Did you ever go to the place on Congress across the street from the Penobscott for yogurt? Or Mickey's?
    Frequented Mickey's! I stopped in every day. I don't recall a Yogurt place. But I enjoyed lunch at Sarah's at Silver's...and creating my own salads at The Green Room, another Mickey establishment. I still see him from time to time...last I heard he was running a restaurant on Big Beaver in Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Frequented Mickey's! I stopped in every day. I don't recall a Yogurt place. But I enjoyed lunch at Sarah's at Silver's...and creating my own salads at The Green Room, another Mickey establishment. I still see him from time to time...last I heard he was running a restaurant on Big Beaver in Troy.
    Good for him. Do you know if he owns it or just manages it? I don't recall Sarah's, but I did know Jim Britt. The yogurt place was a door or two East of Mickey's. I think just the other side of "Such A Deal". I also used to go into that barbershop in the Penobscott building from time to time. You know, the one with the "magazines".

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Good for him. Do you know if he owns it or just manages it? I don't recall Sarah's, but I did know Jim Britt. The yogurt place was a door or two East of Mickey's. I think just the other side of "Such A Deal". I also used to go into that barbershop in the Penobscott building from time to time. You know, the one with the "magazines".
    Mickey is the owner of a restaurant called Insalata, located on Big Beaver near John R.

When The Detroit Shoppe first started at The Somerset Collection, he was one of the volunteers working there.

Re: Sarah's, she moved her restaurant over to Griswold and State, southwest corner. I still remember her scones and egg/cream cheese/green olive croissant sandwiches!! IIRC, Britt's followed her in the Silver's space. At any rate, I do remember Jim Britt.

Still no recollection at all of the Yogurt place. I think I vaguely remember that there was a barbershop in the Penobscot.

[QUOTE=ddaydetroit;444703]I just saw this it looks like it was just put up
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bfs/4583060451.html[/QUOTE

Ad has been deleted.
    Last edited by msamslex; July-24-14 at 11:04 PM.

[QUOTE=msamslex;444944]
    Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    I just saw this it looks like it was just put up
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bfs/4583060451.html[/QUOTE

Ad has been deleted.
    Isn't that amazing? I sold an old vanity on Craigslist once. It went just as fast as that building.