Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Johns Carpet House music venue shut down by the cops. WTF???

Im sure some of you know about the Sunday music at Johns Carpet House on Frederick X St Aubin. Did you know the cops now want to shut it down? This is just wrong. Ive been enjoying music there for over ten years back when John was alive and holding it in his own back yard. This has been a beautiful, peaceful, family style event that never causes problems but the city wants to squeeze some money out of it through permits even though its done on private property and is free to all. WTF? I understand its a little known weekly event so I encourage everyone to come and see this next Sunday what will be happening. If you like the Blues, Mowtown, Jazz and good old fashioned music in a family friendly setting you might want to come check it out. I would like to know who the rat is that brought attention to this. http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...e#.U83MdH7D8qR

A la the 4th street fair.

Django, you depressed me now. It,s such a cool venue. Wish I could be there Sunday but have to attend a boring wedding shower for people I really don't know [[husbands cousin's grandkid)

Django is so right its a great weekly event.

You let the secret out.

The fact is city ordinances have not changed with the times and are not pro-business. City ordinances are stuck in the 1950's. It took how many years for food trucks to change ordinances in order to operate?

Once an "underground" event in Detroit becomes too visible, too successful, it is always shut down.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Johns...980817?fref=nf Heres a heads up. Im surprised more people here are not in the know of this event and commenting on it. If you have not been you're missing history, a weekly shin dig that will be remembered. Years from now you will wish you would have gone and fought for its survival.

Django please remind us all. I will be there God willing. If you have a street address even better, I just don't deal with monetary online transactions. We will contribute for attorney fees. Its so special!