Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: feeding trolls

Default feeding trolls

Need an explanation, went to run errands this morning and the driver side mirror was dangling. Someone stole that little mounted round convex mirror attached to it. To get it the mirror was broken also. Went to a Detroit based Ford dealer. 65.71 for the part and 50 for install, didn,t budget for that but paid for the part and install tomorrow.

Honestly why in hell would anyone want that little piece of nothing????? Totally baffled!

Because abjects [[sic) who steal convex mirrors are closer than they appear?

HA! That's a great search term for Google Images.

Detroit is nothing if not iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Because abjects [[sic) who steal convex mirrors are closer than they appear?
    Hey that is funny. But didn't you mean Objects.

Seriously though why steal that? I am still clueless. On a different thread I did say Detroiters will tolerate dumb shit. Not big shit anymore. This falls into the class of little shit. Not thrilled I'll be out of pocket for the theft but it is a price paid to be city.

In a way I am sorry I posted that minor event. I love my home, my neighbors, my neighborhood. I have actually lived in several burbs over the course my life path, many very nice, some disgusting

Detroit is my home town. I love it and its history. The stupid vandalism is a pimple.

Tomorrow we have a community affair, I look forward to it. I am taking a death by chocolate cake, home made mac and cheese, oatmeal cookies, some with raisin some with chocolate chips Might take some seasoned chicken too.

So hey trolls come and feed.

I meant abjects. I hope you don't object. Sorry about the unpleasantness. I got my car broken into which I mentioned on a thread a couple weeks ago. Your block party sounds like fun. A lot of older houses on that block are amazing, esp. the brownstones. I checked street view and noticed the older housing stock in your hood. Do you live near that open field, Sumas?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I meant abjects. I hope you don't object. Sorry about the unpleasantness. I got my car broken into which I mentioned on a thread a couple weeks ago. Your block party sounds like fun. A lot of older houses on that block are amazing, esp. the brownstones. I checked street view and noticed the older housing stock in your hood. Do you live near that open field, Sumas?
    Actually almost a half of my block is open field, all maintained by community. Blocks south and north of us have density, as in way more homes. Such sweet old homes. My house is only 112 yrs old, many are far older.

Actually, this isn't a block party. We are having an outdoor meeting to discuss safety and a steering committee to plan our street association party. We have invites to this meeting to police officers from the 7th precinct. That is why I am knocking my socks off with food, EMS, a division of DPS, saved my husbands life and I am deeply grateful.

Unfortunately it looks like rain today. Oh well many of us are willing to open our homes to host this event. Our block/street associations parties are great fun. Have slowed down a bit but I can still cook up a storm. I really over all have great neighbors and we have enjoyed low crime which is why we were all shocked at this uptick including home invasion, rape and thuggery.