Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Coca Cola with cane sugar found

I was at Costco today and thought it was interesting that they had quaint little glass bottles of Coke. Then I read the sign. Mexican Coca Cola made with pure cane sugar. Sorry I didn't note the price. This was at the Middlebelt/Schoolcraft store.

I'm in that neighborhood mid-day on a daily basis. Let me know if you want to shop on my card.

For the newbies: There were several folks in search of this stuff on the old board, that's why I mention it.

They have it at the Beverage Warehouse on Greenfield north of 13 also. Nice treat!

No Kidding, I was just there on Saturday, Got trash bags and wiperblades. I was looking for sweet tea and musta passed the Coca-Cola you were talking about.Damn another trip to Costco.

You could also buy single bottles of the stuff in the city at 1515 Broadway cafe. Was very glad to find it there the other day.

Reddog, it was on an end cap near the food demos, not with the rest of the drinks. The shrink-wrapped the portions, might have been 18 bottles.

The Sams Club on 8 mile in Southfield now has it as well. Stock up if you want it, as it is an item that comes and goes in supply.....

The new Mexican store on Fort, just south of Southfield, in Lincoln Park carries it, as well as a variety of other Mexican sodas.

Check this place out, the owner seems to be a real nice guy and is offering fresh meats and bakery products.

Just across a creek [[aka Ecorse River) from Detroit.

Thanks Mac68,Well since I gotta go to Meijers today I think I will sneak into Costco and pick something up.I know how them stores work so I better get there quick.

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    The new Mexican store on Fort, just south of Southfield, in Lincoln Park carries it, as well as a variety of other Mexican sodas.

Check this place out, the owner seems to be a real nice guy and is offering fresh meats and bakery products.

Just across a creek [[aka Ecorse River) from Detroit.
    South of Southfield or Outer drive, I drive this daily and am trying to think of the store you are talking about.

The Kroger on Ford Road in Westland sells it too, as singles. It's in the Mexican food section.

Quote Originally Posted by Cushkid View Post
    South of Southfield or Outer drive, I drive this daily and am trying to think of the store you are talking about.
    Between the paint store and Empire Furniture, the past home of LaborReady temp service.
    Good tortillas!

Pepsi Throwback is their version. I'm a Coke drinker, but the Pepsi did have a more old style taste than regular Pepsi

stinkbug Guest

Honeybee has had it for years.
    And it's a lot better place to shop than Costco.

I took home a case today. But then was reminded of my non working Coke machine. Oh well at least I can say I got I cheaper than the local gas station.

Where did you find the Pepsi throwback?

Stromberg2

I can't answer for everyone but I havn't seen Pepsi throwback in weeks, Yet I bought Mexican Pepsi at the Sunoco on Michigan ave west of Merriman in Wayne. Which by the way I thought was better.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    I can't answer for everyone but I havn't seen Pepsi throwback in weeks, Yet I bought Mexican Pepsi at the Sunoco on Michigan ave west of Merriman in Wayne. Which by the way I thought was better.
    From what I've been told Pepsi Throwback has been discontinued and any store that has it now got the last of it.

Not all Mexican sodas are sugar based. Pepsi from Mexico has high fructose corn syrup just like the US standard [[but the imported version is bottled in glass instead of plastic, if that matters to you at all).

Lilpup, You got me to look at the label. Which says HFCS and/or sucrose and then states Sugar 36g. Which ever it was I liked it.

Here in Minnesota, Pepsi Throwback is/was available at WalMart and most of our local grocery stores...even the small convenience stores. Haven't looked for it in the past couple of months. It was good, but I'm a true Coke Classic fan who would love to find it with cane sugar.

Walmarts had it after the other stores ran out of it. Pepsi Throwback that is. While not being a regular WalMart shopper I was glad to see it there, Should have stocked up. I too am a Coke drinker and was glad for Mac68 and that post. The lure of "Old Pepsi" was too much for this Coke DRINKER to resist. But I am happy that I can have my glass bottle of real Coke,But enjoy it like a fine wine.

Now, Vernors needs to axe the HFCS, reinstate stevia as its sweetener, and up the natural ginger flavor and carbonation to get back to the real Vernors taste.

Has anyone tried the RC cola in the glass bottles? I thought it tasted good and it too has sugar listed on the label. Funny thing I looked at the bottle the writing was in english, yet the cap in spanish. Also picked up a glass bottle of 7up.

Fury12 up the...carbonation to get back to the real Vernors taste.

That would be awesome, whatever happened to that good old Vernor's sneeze from the bubbles?

If you want the old Vernor's sneeze you need to pick up some Blenhiem's ginger ale. Very hard to find and a cult favorite thats made at a small bottler in South Carolina. Get the hot, which is the pink cap, they have some at Merchants Wine in Dearborn. Pricey at $2 for a 12 oz bottle, but well worth it. Its made with real sugar, natural spring water, and is in a glass bottle. Merchant is selling the Mex coke in hand made 6 packs for $8.99, and they will give a refund on the bottles.

I like Merchants, Yet I need to hit Costco see if they have any Mexican Coke left. I have been limiting myself on the stuff. Have to look for that Ginger Ale while at Merchants. My Brother in law is a BEER snob. I think I am a SODA snob.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast