Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Midtown living

Default Midtown living

Who here lives in midtown? I just moved to E. Ferry/John R in May and so far I have loved it very much. I want to know what others think about living in Midtown. Share your thoughts/comments Thanks in advance.

I love it. Its a great, diverse place to live. It continues to get better everyday, even in the midst of bad economy. You just have to be able to deal with the homeless begging for money.
    Last edited by lo_to_d; July-27-09 at 07:25 PM.

I find it to be a fantastic place to live. I've enjoyed it from the second I moved down here two years ago. It's walkable, vibrant, exciting and it's in the middle of it all - meaning Detroit and it's revival. Something new pops up every day/week/month, there's always a renovation project underway and it's part of some huge projects in the city, like the greenways and light rail. It's one of the best neighborhoods in the city and in all of Michigan. I would never move back to Bloomfield Hills where I lived for 18 years, not after discovering Detroit and Midtown.

We should totally have a get together for everyone that is on Detroityes that lives in Midtown! That could be fun.

lo_to_d and designerguy, what cross streets do you live near? more specific than midtown is helpful. and in an apartment? what kind of structure?

I live at the corner of John R and E. Ferry in an apartment in an old home that is 120 years old its a great place Here is a picture of it!

For my money the Garfield building is the best maintained loft style building in the Midtown/Downtown area. I almost signed a lease earlier in the year, but do to job related issues, ended up in Dearborn. Hopefully, the Garfield building will have space next year if another move is to happen.

The place I live in I found to be the cheapest and the nicest and the most kept up since the landlord lives there as well. I totally recommend this place! If anyone wants information on it I'd be happy to give u it!

i'm also a midtown resident for the last 5 years and love it. it's a great location especially if you have business w/ wayne state, the dmc or ccs.

I've been a midtown resident for two years. Great location and a great mix of people. I think there are a few puzzle pieces still needing to be filled, but the area is in a constant flux of improvements and developments. Hope to stay for a while.

We should have a Detroityes Midtown residence get together!

Quote Originally Posted by Designerguy24 View Post
    The place I live in I found to be the cheapest and the nicest and the most kept up since the landlord lives there as well. I totally recommend this place! If anyone wants information on it I'd be happy to give u it!
    Designerguy that's a beautiful building! I pass it often. I always thought it was a private home. Never knew it was an apartment building.Are there any vacancies in the building? I'd love leasing information.

Trotwood send me a private message and I'll give u the contact information and also I'd be happy to try and answer any questions u had on the place. Let me know!

Thanks Designerguy!That's very nice of you.
    I appreciate it

We should have a Detroityes Midtown residence get together!
    I would come. Who's organizing it?

Well me but would need volunteers to help!

I'm a few hundred miles from there. Would you consider 2nd and Canfield to be Midtown? If so, is TJ's still there? [[If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know it was there.)

Matthew Naimi is having a "Cocktails on Canfield" fundraiser starting right now. http://www.vote4growth.com/contact/

So is anyone interested in a midtown residents get together?

I am a 27 year old student and professional. I am looking for a roommate. I live in midtown in 120 year old historic apartment house. The rent is $350 a month and included heat, water, electric, gas, and trash I am looking for someone that is respectful, clean and not too loud. private message me for more info. Thanks
    Also the pic at the begiing of this thread is a picture of th apartment building.

Bump! Bump!

bump! bump!

I am a 27 year old student and professional. I am looking for a roommate. I live in midtown in 120 year old historic apartment house. The rent is $350 a month and included heat, water, electric, gas, and trash I am looking for someone that is respectful, clean and not too loud. private message me for more info. Thanks
    Also the pic at the begiing of this thread is a picture of th apartment building.
    Just out of curiosity, what's the square footage of your place for $350 / month?

I'm not sure its probably around 800sq ft that's a guess