Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: GAR Building

Default GAR Building

ItsJeff was kind enough to get a couple of court documents hosted about a lawsuit between the City of Detroit and Civil War descendants groups about the GAR from 2006. The links in the archives are no longer active. Did anyone happen to save the PDFs?
    Crossing my fingers...

Stosh Guest

Did this pass?

AUTHORIZATION OF RESCISSION OF LAND SALES
    38. _____
    Planning and Development - Submitting reso. autho. Rescission of Land Sale and Property for Sales to Olympia Development of Michigan, L.L.C., a Michigan Limited Liability Company located at 1942 W. Grand River [[G.A.R. Building) making available as "Offer to Purchase Agreement", to New Gar, LLC, a Michigan Limited Liability Company in the amount of $220,500.00; proposed renovation into a retail/gift shop and restaurant on the first floor, along with office space and civil war exhibits/memorabilia on second floor; the third and fourth floors will contain additional office space and conference facilities; permitted in a B-5 zoned district.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    ItsJeff was kind enough to get a couple of court documents hosted about a lawsuit between the City of Detroit and Civil War descendants groups about the GAR from 2006. The links in the archives are no longer active. Did anyone happen to save the PDFs?
    Crossing my fingers...
    The case is Planning and Development Department, City of Detroit v. Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, 1861-1865, 05-72328 [[E.D. Mich. Nov. 28, 2005). If you cannot get it on the Eastern District of Michigan's website, private message me with your e-mail and I will send it along to you.

Yep, you are in luck. Had family involved in that case so I stored this one:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view...d=1279136&da=y

Quote Originally Posted by xD_Brklyn View Post
    Yep, you are in luck. Had family involved in that case so I stored this one:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view...d=1279136&da=y
    I could e-kiss you, Brklyn. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!