Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default O/T: Apparently James Headed back to Cleveland

Not a Detroit or Auburn Hills [[) story, but it does show that the Midwest isn't dead.

James is giving up South Beach for a city which was once called "The mistake on the lake."

A little 'sun belt --> rust belt' migration isn't a bad thing.

CLE is getting the 2016 GOP convention and James. Not a bad week for that city.

was the SI piece done in comic sans?

Just goes to show if you blow up a bridge with nuclear weapons you can still rebuild it in a day with a little groveling. First Guy Lombardo, now King James and his Royal Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Just goes to show if you blow up a bridge with nuclear weapons you can still rebuild it in a day with a little groveling. First Guy Lombardo, now King James and his Royal Canadians.
    ?? Guy Lombardo ?? Why the London reference?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    ?? Guy Lombardo ?? Why the London reference?
    Guy Lombardo's band was called the Royal Canadians. The Cavs just drafted 3 Canadians the last 3 years - Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins - 4th, 1st and 1st overall.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Guy Lombardo's band was called the Royal Canadians. The Cavs just drafted 3 Canadians the last 3 years - Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins - 4th, 1st and 1st overall.
    LOL! I remember the Royal Canadians. Never mind I was thinking too literally.
    http://www.guylombardomusic.com/museum.html

Let's hope the folks in Cleveland and Dan Gilbert forgives him.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Let's hope the folks in Cleveland and Dan Gilbert forgives him.
    are you kidding? all the cavs message boards are in heaven right now. first they get the #1 pick in the draft last month [[even though they had like 1% chance of getting it) and now they get back lebron. lucky bastards...

as a pistons fan, this is not good for us. now we're stuck with him in the same division like we were with jordan and the bulls. hopefully van gundy gets things turned around or it could be a long long time before we compete for a championship.

Cleveland is Lebron James hometown. He knows people there and basketball with his friends there. He will fit in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    LOL! I remember the Royal Canadians. Never mind I was thinking too literally.
    http://www.guylombardomusic.com/museum.html
    What is the difference between Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians and a moose?

On a moose, the horns are in the front and the asshole is in the rear.

this is why we have a "non-detroit" section

Lebron James left Cleveland in 2010. Dan Gilbert started investing heavily in Downtown Detroit around 2010. With Lebron returning to Cleveland will we start to see less interest in Detroit from Gilbert?

Quote Originally Posted by matt76 View Post
    are you kidding? all the cavs message boards are in heaven right now. first they get the #1 pick in the draft last month [[even though they had like 1% chance of getting it) and now they get back lebron. lucky bastards...

as a pistons fan, this is not good for us. now we're stuck with him in the same division like we were with jordan and the bulls. hopefully van gundy gets things turned around or it could be a long long time before we compete for a championship.
    The NBA Central division will be one of the toughest in the league. Chicago, Cleveland, Indiana and a young improving Milwaukee team. Detroit needs to step up their game. LeBron shouldn't have never left the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    Lebron James left Cleveland in 2010. Dan Gilbert started investing heavily in Downtown Detroit around 2010. With Lebron returning to Cleveland will we start to see less interest in Detroit from Gilbert?
    That has nothing to do with Gilbert's business interests in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    That has nothing to do with Gilbert's business interests in Detroit.
    It has nothing to do with Detroit either. I figured I'd make an attempt to steer it back that way, even if it was only a joke.

I always thought if Gilbert really wanted the Pistons downtown he should swap franchises with Gore. Gore would have a more profitable arena and Gilbert could move the Pistons downtown while sharing marketing of the Palace with Olympia Entertainment. With Lebron back in the fold, there's no chance of that dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    It has nothing to do with Detroit either. I figured I'd make an attempt to steer it back that way, even if it was only a joke.
    NP, didn't realize it was a attempt at sarcasm.

Hmm... Cleveland-area media outlets may experience a positive bump.. Time to start putting in job apps...