Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Giant Asian Hornets spotted in Hazel Park.

WARNING!!

I was walking through Woodward Heights near Dequindre Rd. where I spotted a Giant Asian Hornet invaded a certain Hazel Park neighborhood. I believed that were brought here by imported Ethnic Asian products coming their communities from Madison Heights to Troy. If you have spotted these hornets do not spook them. The can jab you with their break resistant stingers releasing their pheromones to attract their friends and attack. Giant Asian Hornets can kill their victims in seconds so be careful.

They will spreading in Michigan in the couple years!
    Last edited by Danny; July-11-14 at 06:06 AM.

First there was white flight. Now there is hornet flight. When will our troubles end?

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    First there was white flight. Now there is hornet flight. When will our troubles end?
    On the next flight out.

Danny, you probably saw a cicada killer wasp. These things are huge and there is a lot of them in the Hazel Park/Ferndale/Royal Oak area. They are non-aggressive and pose very little danger. https://www.google.com/search?q=cica...w=1277&bih=711

No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns, *they* observed and studied, the way a man with a microscope might scrutinize the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency, men went to and fro about the globe, confident of our empire over this world. Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us.

From the moment the invaders arrived, breathed our air, ate and drank, they were doomed. They were undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth. By the toll of a billion deaths, man had earned his immunity, his right to survive among this planet's infinite organisms. And that right is ours against all challenges. For neither do men live nor die in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Danny, you probably saw a cicada killer wasp. These things are huge and there is a lot of them in the Hazel Park/Ferndale/Royal Oak area. They are non-aggressive and pose very little danger. https://www.google.com/search?q=cica...w=1277&bih=711

No, It was really a Giant Asian Hornet. A queen. By looking at that insect by the color and shape it was a hybrid. They already cross bread with bees and other hornets and wasps and other cicadas. This type of insect was strange.
    Last edited by Danny; July-11-14 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

No, It was really a Giant Asian Hornet. A queen. By looking at that insect by the color and shape it was a hybrid. They already cross bread with bees and other hornets and wasps and other cicadas. This type of insect was strange.
    There is no way a hornet can crossbreed with a bee. Or a cicada. They are not at all closely related--bees are also Hymenoptera, but different families. Cicadas aren't even Hymenoptera.

I'm going to have to go with this being a cicada wasp as well.
    I seem to have two or three of them buzzing around my yard every year and I see them most often in the late afternoon.
    They look a bit like those asian hornets, but are harmless unless you really work to piss them off, like stepping on them or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    There is no way a hornet can crossbreed with a bee. Or a cicada. They are not at all closely related--bees are also Hymenoptera, but different families. Cicadas aren't even Hymenoptera.
    I saw one a Giant Asian Hornet-cicada hybrid and its a queen.

Was it singing Bohemian Rhapsody?

I thought that sounded familiar....

The War of the Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I thought that sounded familiar....

The War of the Worlds

Whew, what a lucky break for all of us. When my fear, fear, fear, crazy sister in-law hears this she won't leave the house for a month. Trust, that is a lucky break for anyone who might have encountered her.

You realize, this is like insisting that you've seen a dog/cat hybrid that looks just like a bobcat. What you've probably seen is a bobcat, not something that is genetically impossible to create.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    You realize, this is like insisting that you've seen a dog/cat hybrid that looks just like a bobcat. What you've probably seen is a bobcat, not something that is genetically impossible to create.
    It doesn't matter the "fear sister-in law" is instantly terrified as soon as she hears this story. It happens every time.

They could be ghost walkers from Africa that are fighting Islamic jihad with bird flu and she is bat shit crazy and won't leave the house...

Last summer, I thought I saw giant bees/wasps/hornets burrowing where the lawn met the walkway to the house. It wasn't until a classmate posted about having cicada killers in his lawn that I realized those were the same insects I had seen.

It looks like this is the time of the year for them to emerge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphecius_speciosus

Danny, My apologies, I have no idea what that was I just saw, but it definitely was NOT a Cicada Killer, and it was the biggest damn wasp I ever saw.

I once owned an AMC Hornet. But it was from Kenosha, not Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Danny, My apologies, I have no idea what that was I just saw, but it definitely was NOT a Cicada Killer, and it was the biggest damn wasp I ever saw.

For sure, Giant Asian Hornets are here in Michigan. Ethnic Asian products from nearby ethnic communities along John Rd. are to blame. Those foreign products have to be check before it can come out of the box. I definitely saw its queen buzzing around Woodward Heights Rd. near Dequindre Rd. and its infesting at a Hazel Park neighborhood north of 9 Mile Rd. If you see those Asian Hornets don not approach them nor spook them. Their unbreakable stingers will jab you releasing their phermones to summon their colony to jab you some more. Their toxic venom will kill you in minutes!

Well the long Michigan winters have to put a damper on them somewhat I hope?

For sure, Giant Asian Hornets are here in Michigan. Ethnic Asian products from nearby ethnic communities along John Rd. are to blame. Those foreign products have to be check before it can come out of the box. I definitely saw its queen buzzing around Woodward Heights Rd. near Dequindre Rd. and its infesting at a Hazel Park neighborhood north of 9 Mile Rd. If you see those Asian Hornets don not approach them nor spook them. Their unbreakable stingers will jab you releasing their phermones to summon their colony to jab you some more. Their toxic venom will kill you in minutes!
    I was talking the my neighbor, who was walking her dog. We both saw it. It was hovering over a dug out hole between the cracks in the sidewalk. Both our responses were "what is THAT?" The hole, about a half inch round, had yellow sand around it, like a disturbed ant hill. My first thought was "I wonder if the nest is underground?" I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if I can see them coming and going. I have no desire to challenge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I was talking the my neighbor, who was walking her dog. We both saw it. It was hovering over a dug out hole between the cracks in the sidewalk. Both our responses were "what is THAT?" The hole, about a half inch round, had yellow sand around it, like a disturbed ant hill. My first thought was "I wonder if the nest is underground?" I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if I can see them coming and going. I have no desire to challenge it.
    Those are cicada killers. We have them all over our front lawn. They were here last year in spades. Last year marked a 17 year cycle for a large hatch of cicadas. The cicada wasps [[AKA Digger Wasps) follow a similar cycle, because that is what predators do..... mimic their preys behaviors.

I had never seen one until last summer, and in turn did a fair amount of research on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Well the long Michigan winters have to put a damper on them somewhat I hope?

In China Giant Asian Hornets can survive through long harsh winters in sub-tropical climates. When the colony dies out from the cold, its drones will protect the queen by using it own bodies so the she could hibernate. When the weather warms up the queen comes out of hibernation to rebuild her colony.

Most insects [[ like ants) can do the same.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast