Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I do not see any common thread of aggravation between "upgraded tile" [[WTF?) and "infill" [[pretty clear what that means in American English).

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]noun: infill; noun: infilling; noun: in-fill[/COLOR]

material that fills or is used to fill a space or hole.
      • buildings constructed to occupy the space between existing ones.

I still can't abide the word "infill". It doesn't sound quite halal to me. I would compromise for "infidel".

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I still can't abide the word "infill". It doesn't sound quite halal to me. I would compromise for "infidel".
    April Fools only lasts a day.

Speaking of the area, When will work resume on the Dequindre Cut? It appeared that work was moving alone fast last fall

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Speaking of the area, When will work resume on the Dequindre Cut? It appeared that work was moving alone fast last fall
    The extension to Mack should be done by the end of summer, connecting to already-completed trails to Hamtramck.

http://detroitgreenways.org/top-5-de...ects-for-2015/

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    April Fools only lasts a day.
    Yeah well in Québec it's an everyday occurrence!

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    The extension to Mack should be done by the end of summer, connecting to already-completed trails to Hamtramck.

http://detroitgreenways.org/top-5-de...ects-for-2015/
    I had thought that the extension to Mack was to be completed by May. I wonder why the date keep getting pushedd back

No wonder the project had been delayed. The DEGC is handling it. I smell a rederection and mishandli g of funds earmarked for this project

Sometimes these projects take so long to get started, that they appear to have totally fallen through. Glad to see that was not the case with this one.

Clearing trees hardly starts as construction work. Refer to Midtown next to the Hammer building. I'll get more excited when I see steel construction.

Same goes for the "work" or "development" being done by the Outdoor Adventure center.

Waters Edge by Triton [[Harbortown) is the only large scale residential development, besides Gilbert, that people actually take seriously. The rest are posers for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Clearing trees hardly starts as construction work. Refer to Midtown next to the Hammer building. I'll get more excited when I see steel construction.

Same goes for the "work" or "development" being done by the Outdoor Adventure center.

Waters Edge by Triton [[Harbortown) is the only large scale residential development, besides Gilbert, that people actually take seriously. The rest are posers for attention.
    You can't erect steel without a foundation. Are not the pipes for plumbing and electrical important also? Not to mention actually going out and finding a contractor to do the work.

Approval for Waters Edge in Harbor was given back in 2012 if you don't remember. That's a full 3 years from approval to the current construction phase. So what the heck are you even on about?

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...issapoints.php

Not exactly the most intelligent statement ever. Clearing land, leveling ground, digging foundations, and placing infrastructure are probably the most important parts to creating a development that will be well built.

By your standards, there isn't any "construction" happening at the new Wings Arena site

Getting "excited" now?

https://www.instagram.com/p/-cSi0hxjSn/

15. Default

Ducharme place progress as of Friday.
    Name:  ducharme.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  79.4 KB

Much needed density! Looks like the street-level appearance will be as poor as the renderings indicated, with zero retail or other usages. That is a mistake, but, this is still a win for increasing center city population.

Central Detroit should be filled with this sort of density, so this is a step in the right direction. I don't think the lack of retail matters much. There will be plenty of opportunities for new retail space in future developments. There is much potential in the Lafayette Park area because of its relative prosperity compared with the rest of the city. More infill to make the area seem more urban is needed, along with improved infrastructure for bicycles and pedestrians, and improvements to parks and green spaces. On the whole it will likely remain a primarily residential area. The Riverfront district has more potential for a broader mix of street-level uses such as restaurants and shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Much needed density! Looks like the street-level appearance will be as poor as the renderings indicated, with zero retail or other usages. That is a mistake, but, this is still a win for increasing center city population.
    Pretty tacky that they were allowed to maintain the perception that first floor apts aren't 'safe or desirable'

That green building wrap is so vibrant, I almost hope they keep it on the exterior.

Oh, yeah, and add in a first floor, because their architect is a dummy for not drawing one on the plans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3