Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Why do people have such a low regard for life

Part of the answer to your question is found in the link below:
    http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis...cNumber=174192

Wow the wacko hadn't been out of jail anytime before his demise by children.

"Why do people have such a low regard for life?"

Because people are scum, by and large. Kill 'em all; let God sort 'em out.

Jeeze! WTF kinda' father buys weed from his kid?
    We, as a society are in bigger trouble than I thought!

Wow, now i guess we can stop saying nobody ever died from weed.

More examples of what low morals Detroiters have. With residents like this guy no wonder MonCon and Rose-Reeves got elected - and will get re-elected!

Blarf Guest

Id they would just legalize the stuff already, stories like this wouldn't happen.

Crumbled - Where do you see anyone from Detroit listed as a perp?

They did mention that this was just north of Detroit. I wonder if this was a heartwarming story about saving the life of a puppy if Detroit would be mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by DocTerry View Post
    Crumbled - Where do you see anyone from Detroit listed as a perp?
    Oh, the suspects are not from Detroit? I'm so indoctrinated by Dyes that everytime I see a crime I assume it's a Detroiter. I mean, this kind of thing can only happen in Detroit, right?

Here's a funny quote I found on the Freep.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTMotownGirl
    It's funny that if the suspects had been black all of the typical freep.com racist rednecks would have the comment number up to about 100 by now. I get it, no way to rile everyone up on this one now is there? Or are these your relatives and you are out on the front lawn waiting for the television cameras to go on so you can finish telling us that the victim was "just about to turn his life around". Yes, that is the exact quote from one of the women they interviewed at the house. I guess he was going to start turning around after he smoked up the $5 bag of weed that the boy sold to his father. The 16 year olds pappy was on channel 4 showing us how they man was killed, complete with a chunk of concrete in his hand! I think he is upset that he now has to find a new dealer!
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009072...-beating-death

Crumpled, the incident was in Warren, Macomb County.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    They did mention that this was just north of Detroit. I wonder if this was a heartwarming story about saving the life of a puppy if Detroit would be mentioned...
    Unless they've moved it since 8:45 this morning, Stephens is still 9 1/2 Mile. "Just north of Detroit" is a tad misleading, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Unless they've moved it since 8:45 this morning, Stephens is still 9 1/2 Mile. "Just north of Detroit" is a tad misleading, I'd say.
    I didn't even think of that! I should become a journalist and report on crimes in Detroit, making distinct mention of their close proximity to suburbs... "The shooting at Warren and Southfield, close to the suburb of Dearborn..."

These kids acted like animals. Disgusting.

So how much marijuana can you get for five dollars?

Sludgedaddy Guest

A perfect case for Dr. William Shockley's argument for Eugenics or a perfect example of Darwinian Natural Selection. These mental giants weren't just "Reefer Mad" they were "Reefer Retarded"

Oh C'mon Weed is harmless, you guys are way over reacting....

MIRepublic Guest

Weed is harmless. It's criminalization is dangerous, which this obviously shows. And, Crumbled, while I may actually agree with your snark, what you're doing is just plain trolling, that is, posting a response specifically to get a rise out of someone[[s) and thus derail any kind of level-headed discussion.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; July-27-09 at 08:21 PM.

Weed don't kill people, people kill people!

crawford Guest

People, South Warren is a craphole. I think it's hilarious that you think that this is unrelated to its border with one of the worst neigborhoods in Detroit.

So yes, there are crapholes in the suburbs too, but 90% of the time it's overflow from Detroit. There's nothing else to destroy on this part of the East Side, so the decay is hitting Warren, Centerline, Roseville, Eastpointe and Harper Woods.

And every single one of the scum mentioned in this article is beneath contempt. South Warren absolutely sucks. It was bad 20 years ago and now is just awful. Everything south of the highway just sucks.

diver1369 Guest

I hope their youthful shenanigans doesn't derail the efforts to bring back the nickel bag.

Crawford, tell me how this concerns Detroit, as all the perps are from the gloriously safe suburbs?

a post from the Click on Detroit website about the article posted above:

"Dont get too overjoyed. These lowlifes pop up now and again and they will be dealt justice. You dont hear anyone say that they were jus fedin the chillin. Detroit is still a cesspool full of racists and will never change. If in Detroit this may not have even been reported in the news, it is so common there." - Tyrone

I usually laugh away these insane comments, but I always find myself a bit surprised someone would think it. Am I wrong to be surprised? After all, this is SE Michigan.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    People, South Warren is a craphole. I think it's hilarious that you think that this is unrelated to its border with one of the worst neigborhoods in Detroit.

So yes, there are crapholes in the suburbs too, but 90% of the time it's overflow from Detroit. There's nothing else to destroy on this part of the East Side, so the decay is hitting Warren, Centerline, Roseville, Eastpointe and Harper Woods.

And every single one of the scum mentioned in this article is beneath contempt. South Warren absolutely sucks. It was bad 20 years ago and now is just awful. Everything south of the highway just sucks.
    Huh? Why drag Detroit into this? This isn't some spreading thing from Detroit; it's a direct result of a greatly declining Warren economy. Why are you such a damned prig all of the time?