Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Old Pharmacy on Michigan Avenue near Livernois

I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of the old Polish pharmacy that was on Michigan Avenue near Livernois in the 1960s. I believe it started with the letter "P." Anybody???

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of the old Polish pharmacy that was on Michigan Avenue near Livernois in the 1960s. I believe it started with the letter "P." Anybody???

If you mean the one in the "50's" looking building, with the red and yellow awning, I believe it's Piatkowski [[sp). I can get the correct spelling off of the awning this week when I drive by.

That's it! I'd appreciate the correct spelling, if you don't mind. Thanks!

I did say "near Livernois." I'm amazed that it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    I did say "near Livernois." I'm amazed that it's still there.
    It's "Piaskowski". And it looks like drugs might still be sold out of there.

Thanx DP.

Building is still there - but not the jars of leeches that used to be in the window!

The place is about a mile W of Livernois. In my mind it is pretty far when you consider how dense the area is. After all there is a good 3 strip bars between there and Livernois! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    The place is about a mile W of Livernois. In my mind it is pretty far when you consider how dense the area is. After all there is a good 3 strip bars between there and Livernois! LOL
    Piaskowski Pharmacy was located on the NE corner of Florida and Michigan Ave.

What is/was that great building across the street on the same side of Michigan? Man Detroit has some great architecture.

Pharmacy looks like it's still in business.