Joe Louis Arena Demolition
JOE LOUIS ARENA DEMOLITION »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Race unknown

  1. #1

    Default Race unknown

    My husband got a first in 35 years moving violation ticket. No issues, police doing their job, Sadly he was doing a humanitarian deed. A local resident came crying to our door...no food in the house... the Caputians will help but I can't get there. His sin was a left turn and a sign posted obscured by tree foliage saying no turn from such and such a time. The ticket is 125 and two points. So still no big deal. The officer issuing the ticket said if you show up in court in 14 days the violation will be reduced and no points. My husband thought why not. No court date was on the ticket, you need to schedule your own court appearance.
    That was Tuesday, the phone # on the ticket gets no response just an endless loop of voice mail.
    Still no worries. What did strike us as funny was the police description. Under race the officer said unknown. My husband is polish american. He has had several blood transfusions in the past few month. He is still pale as a ghost. Don,t think he could look more white. ??????????????

  2. #2

    Default

    My husband and I have an odd ball sense of humor. Many years ago he looked up his last name on the internet and found out it appeared on Star Trek as an un specified alien species. Guess that is what he will put on his paperwork for his court appearance assuming anyone ever answers the phone.

    He is on the mend for the few that care. Several major surgeries and God bless Receiving Hospital for saving his life and curse Beaumont for a bad actually zero diagnosis. They said he self healed.

  3. #3

    Default

    Sumas, you seem like a decent person, but, really, what was the point of this? It's like the tiniest personal things and a random stream of conciousness. I guess this would be all right on another part of this board, but how is this anecdote Detroit-related enough to warrant its own thread on this part of the forum?

  4. #4
    GUSHI Guest

    Default

    Sumas, he does have a point,

  5. #5

    Default

    if your story is true, take a picture of the sign obscured by the foilage... they will let you off if you have a clean record...... you are white.....

  6. #6

    Default

    Sumas has to have the worst luck in the world and the most depressing stories. People knocking for food, blood transfusions, tickets, major surgeries...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Sumas, you seem like a decent person, but, really, what was the point of this? It's like the tiniest personal things and a random stream of conciousness. I guess this would be all right on another part of this board, but how is this anecdote Detroit-related enough to warrant its own thread on this part of the forum?
    Actually it is a Detroit story. Sometimes it seems like such weirdness can only happen here. Mostly I chronicle minutia of life in Detroit. I am personally pleased with the stepped up police presence.

    Seriously, you don't find it funny that the ticket states race unknown.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Sumas has to have the worst luck in the world and the most depressing stories. People knocking for food, blood transfusions, tickets, major surgeries...
    Sorry I am depressing. These are just life stories. We maintain a sense of humor and get along fine. What's the expression, Oh yeah, shit happens.

    We take people routinely to food banks, grocery stores, doctor appointments, assist in what ever way necessary for our neighbors well-being. Work with area children and contribute as we can to our neighborhood improvement. We gain much in return. It's called self respect.

    Shocking to you cliffy, we have many friends on the board. They do care about our triumphs and tribulations. People have contributed support directly to area children.

    After a bad diagnosis at Beaumont and my husband collapsed at home, I did share this info on line to forumers that give a fuck. So shoot me. Hey that's a joke too. Us Detroiters are all killers.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Seriously, you don't find it funny that the ticket states race unknown.
    I do think that's funny. At work a few weeks ago, someone asked me if a coworker and I were brothers (they were legitimately asking, not cracking a joke). The only discernible similarity between us is that we're both gay. We don't look facially similar, our ages aren't that close, we have different builds, he's black and I'm white (in fairness, he is very light skinned). But the guy detected some vague similarity that he couldn't put his finger on...

  10. #10

    Default

    Maybe under "Race" a more appropriate meaningful comment would have been "To feed a hungry person".

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I do think that's funny. At work a few weeks ago, someone asked me if a coworker and I were brothers (they were legitimately asking, not cracking a joke). The only discernible similarity between us is that we're both gay. We don't look facially similar, our ages aren't that close, we have different builds, he's black and I'm white (in fairness, he is very light skinned). But the guy detected some vague similarity that he couldn't put his finger on...
    Thank you for thinking it funny because it is. We inherited our home from a Gay man. He knew we would love it and our neighborhood. We try to do the right things. Many friends are Gay of all colors. We currently house a straight black man who was homeless. One of the communes up the way is primarily Lesbians. They are primary founders to our community garden. He was disappointed that these hot chicks were not interested in him. Tell me something new, we knew they were of that persuasion. So what, I just like good people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.