Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default GP Woods fireworks marred by violence from rowdy teens

On and off facebook, chatter around the gps is high after the debacle that was the GP Woods fireworks at Parcells. I don't recall talk like this before.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-T...81816895334418

I was on the northwest corner of Vernier and Mack for an hour before it started to the end and never saw any kind of trouble of any kind where I was at. I did see a lot of cop cars going south on mack with the lights on

WHo really needs a laugh: Scrolling through the facebook site there are references that some of the trouble was from a Troy gang.

Really, there is a Troy gang coming to fireworks in GP to start trouble. I don't know why this concept made me laugh. Troy thugs terrorizing SE Michigan. What is the initiation to this gang? Mocking someone for their clothes being from Target?

Aren't GP Parks resident permit-holders only?

Just put it in a park and problem solved, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    WHo really needs a laugh: Scrolling through the facebook site there are references that some of the trouble was from a Troy gang.

Really, there is a Troy gang coming to fireworks in GP to start trouble. I don't know why this concept made me laugh. Troy thugs terrorizing SE Michigan. What is the initiation to this gang? Mocking someone for their clothes being from Target?
    They weren't "thugs", just "rowdy teens."

Sorry to add but the whole Troy gang concept still has me laughing. According to the facebook page posted, the Troy Gang is the 'somerset affiliation.' Nothing says badass like having the naming your gang after a mall.

Can the police round them up and drop them off in a neighborhood that would terrify them. Something like Sherwood Forest or Indian Village.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    They weren't "thugs", just "rowdy teens."
    Depends. I know kids in Troy like to tan. If they spent too much time at the tanning salon they may be considered thugs. If they don't tan a lot then they are just rowdy kids.

I blame the parents. Because if they cared about their children, they wouldn't live in Troy. And how come they didn't know their kids were in GP? You have to cross Eight Mile to get to GP from Troy, so the GPS fencing software on the kids' smartphones should have let them know of this excursion well before anything untoward could have occurred.

Somewhat amused, Detroit teens are thugs, suburban kids are rowdy.

the Troy Gang is the 'somerset affiliation.' Nothing says badass like having the naming your gang after a mall.
    Their numbers aren't as large as they used to be. Some sources cite them as being half-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Aren't GP Parks resident permit-holders only?

Just put it in a park and problem solved, perhaps?
    But that would be lame. 4th of July fireworks are community events. If you stuck them in the park no one, except for GPW residents, would be able to see them because the park is so tucked back from the road.

The Woods will probably just end up getting rid of their food stands and pre-firework activities. And if the assholery continues, they will just dump the show altogether. Which is sad. It is a fun event if you have little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    But that would be lame. 4th of July fireworks are community events. If you stuck them in the park no one, except for GPW residents, would be able to see them because the park is so tucked back from the road.

The Woods will probably just end up getting rid of their food stands and pre-firework activities. And if the assholery continues, they will just dump the show altogether. Which is sad. It is a fun event if you have little ones.
    marauding thugs 1...families in GP Woods 0. adios fireworks
    July 03, 2014GROSSE POINTE WOODS — "Our family event is no longer a family event."

That was the best description Woods public safety director Andrew Pazuchowski could give for the problems that occurred Sunday night at the city's annual fireworks display on the Parcells field.

According to Pazuchowski, officers were faced with 13 fights that broke out among juveniles who attended the event for no other reason than to cause mayhem.
    Mayor Robert Novitke said he was disappointed in the events of Sunday night and indicated it does not appear the city can continue to have the fireworks.

"We lose the enjoyment of what should be a community and family event when our main issue is preserving the peace," Novitke said.
    http://www.grossepointenews.com/Arti...residents.html

GP Farms does ours off lakeshore with a whole afternoon/evening of events inside the private residents only park, AFAIK, incident free. I'd imagine they won't be outright cancelled, GP Woods will just move it to the park. cut the problems by controlling access.
    Last edited by bailey; July-03-14 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Their numbers aren't as large as they used to be. Some sources cite them as being half-off.
    Rumor also has it that they are called the Hole in the Mall Gang; and that the leaders are Biff Chardonnay and the Somerset Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Pickford-Bentler View Post
    Rumor also has it that they are called the Hole in the Mall Gang; and that the leaders are Biff Chardonnay and the Somerset Kid
    Some of the members are rumored to be working with law-enforcement in the Bust One, Get One Free program.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Some of the members are rumored to be working with law-enforcement in the Bust One, Get One Free program.
    Now you have done it. Is this a bust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVEIotzy3_A

Been going to the Woods fireworks since the the sixty's. They should of seen this coming as the crowd has changed over the last 3 years or so. Mostly teens showing off that escalated into in a number of fights. Girls were also going at it.

If they have them next year at Parcells a lot of family's probably wont go.

Don't think I would attend if they are at the Lakefront Park as its in St Claire Shores and would probably be a bitch parking and getting in and out.

If they drive the rowdies out of that park, they may show up in and act out in the Village. Remember what Mr. Finley hypothesized about the Belle Isle teens being squeezed out only to rock the River Walk.

Seriously though, and not condoning anything, this is sort of as eternal as testosterone. Happened when I was kid and many times since.

It's funny to make fun of it. Har Har... check back in 7-10 years when 8 Mile and Mack resembles 6 Mile and Gratiot.... it will even be funnier then.......

Better do what Southfield use to do. Have the fireworks on the same day and time as Detroit's.

Depends. I know kids in Troy like to tan. If they spent too much time at the tanning salon they may be considered thugs. If they don't tan a lot then they are just rowdy kids.
    What happens when the city and suburbān gangs merge? Do they call them the Black and Tans?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    What happens when the city and suburbān gangs merge? Do they call them the Black and Tans?
    What a great name for a racially diverse gang!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    It's funny to make fun of it. Har Har... check back in 7-10 years when 8 Mile and Mack resembles 6 Mile and Gratiot.... it will even be funnier then.......
    I love how you're perfectly content and miserably happy with dishing out snide, bitter, and b%tchy little comments, but someone offers a little snark in return and you flounce off in the same way you flounced in.

I guess what's good for the Goose isn't always good for the gander, huh? How's the sauce?

You can't do anything in Metro Detroit that isn't exclusive, and, in turn, expensive, without running the risk of getting your shit ruined. Watch the fireworks from a private park, yacht club, or Greenfield Village or the hoi polloi will tear you limb from limb.

Too many low-brow people around of all colors. It's really the pits all around. It's like a Third World country. If you can just afford your own compound and private army, then you're good to go!

Metro Detroit is a very bad place to live or raise a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    I love how you're perfectly content and miserably happy with dishing out snide, bitter, and b%tchy little comments, but someone offers a little snark in return and you flounce off in the same way you flounced in.

I guess what's good for the Goose isn't always good for the gander, huh? How's the sauce?
    i was being sarcastic in the attempt of being sarcastic... despite what was written in commentary in a blog.. this wasn't gangs from the south side of Troy...... they aren't driving to the east side to raise hell.... think more local....

GUSHI Guest

how the get past the barrier? oh the snow melted, never mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast