Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GUSHI Guest

hey look at the bright side, no one got a cap in there ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What a great name for a racially diverse gang!
    Yep. The idea for it came from the memory of a place I stayed at in Rosslare Ireland before ferrying over to France in 1981. It was an Inn with a history. In the Irish war of Independence, I think in 1917, a vicious armed tactical unit of the British Army had been called in to quash the IRA guerrilla advances. The house I stayed in had belonged to an Anglo Irish doctor I believe, more or less sympathetic to the plight of simple Irish folk, and his house had been taken over by the "Black and Tans" for a HQ. It wasn't long before a Republican faction came and eliminated all of the occupants in a single night. That is the story I remember being told, but the truth may differ somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    how the get past the barrier? oh the snow melted, never mind.
    1. Grosse Pointe Woods is not Grosse Pointe Park.

2. The gang came from Troy. How would a snow barrier on a thoroughfare that connects to the lower east side of Detroit affect them?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    1. Grosse Pointe Woods is not Grosse Pointe Park.

2. The gang came from Troy. How would a snow barrier on a thoroughfare that connects to the lower east side of Detroit affect them?
    I do not know where you get the idea that the troublemaking thugs came from Troy. The folks causing the mayhem mostly came from Harper Woods, with Detroit represented to a lesser degree. Feh!

Nonetheless, our community has standards that are higher than this. A stronger and more aggressive police response is needed to ensure that this will not be repeated next year.

Buffy... This is a lot of BS fueled by racism.... We saw none of these alleged fights and felt perfectly safe viewing the fireworks from the terrace at Loch moor Club. These allegations are not true. Signed. Biff.

Just a bit of closure to the summer kerfuffle....
    via ‏@GPToday
    Grosse Pointe Woods City Council voted 7-0 last night to move the summer fireworks to Lake Front Park.

I went to St Joan Of Arc fair this weekend right down the street from where the fireworks were and I am will to bet it ends with in the next few years for the same reasons

...and the reason being?

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    I went to St Joan Of Arc fair this weekend right down the street from where the fireworks were and I am will to bet it ends with in the next few years for the same reasons
    Sorry.... but I don't think so..... outsiders won't be allowed in....

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ghts/19950145/

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Sorry.... but I don't think so..... outsiders won't be allowed in....

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ghts/19950145/
    Not true. Fireworks are cancelled indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Not true. Fireworks are cancelled indefinitely.
    true... no fireworks at parcells and no fireworks at the park and no grosse pointe fireworks...

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    I doubt it. The fair was thick with cop when we were there. No one is going to start something when you have half a dozen squad cars and a mobile police station on hand-- the "fairgrounds" are small enough to keep order.

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    No one is going to start something when you have half a dozen squad cars and a mobile police station on hand-- the "fairgrounds" are small enough to keep order.
    Tell that to the Waco bikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    true... no fireworks at parcells and no fireworks at the park and no grosse pointe fireworks...
    Thank God. Last thing we need this summer is more shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Tell that to the Waco bikers.

You mean Wacko bikers? lol

That's what I call them too Wacko bikers. Texas is not a place you want to be in jail, they still do the jain chain.

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    I doubt it. The fair was thick with cop when we were there. No one is going to start something when you have half a dozen squad cars and a mobile police station on hand-- the "fairgrounds" are small enough to keep order.

the St. Clair Shores police along with Macomb county did a great job with the fair..... they had a good sized mobile command center positioned where it was very visible.. they did a good job walking the grounds.. and they had a few drug sniffing dogs on patrol... not a place you would want to be if you want to start any shenanegins.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2