Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Good thing all of the State roads in Detroit are in great shape

According to this article, of the $115M in road projects through the state, $30M is going to SE Michigan and it appears that about $400K is going to a project in Detroit.

So, the state roads in Michigan must be fantastic. There's no way that politics would play a role in what is done where, that certainly wouldn't be the case.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...30M-road-funds

Well, this means there will finally be relief to one of Downriver's largest traffic congestion areas...

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    According to this article, of the $115M in road projects through the state, $30M is going to SE Michigan and it appears that about $400K is going to a project in Detroit.

So, the state roads in Michigan must be fantastic. There's no way that politics would play a role in what is done where, that certainly wouldn't be the case.

But there aren't many state roads in Detroit.

The vast majority of them [[aside from the highways, which are in relatively good shape in terms of need for re-paving) are under the city of Detroit's jurisdiction, if I'm not mistaken...

Meanwhile somewhere amid miles and miles of unmowed federal and state expressway banks I have seen only a few tiny patches mowed. Maybe when things dry out in August and the fires start we might see that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Meanwhile somewhere amid miles and miles of unmowed federal and state expressway banks I have seen only a few tiny patches mowed. Maybe when things dry out in August and the fires start we might see that change.
    Lightning, natures natural lawn mower.

They're planning to cut back on mowing this year due to so much budget spent on last winter's snow and ice damage. Maybe that was at the county levels though.

In Arizona we learned to never park a car on dry grass. The catalytic converter gets so hot it can ignite grass. Yikes.

Because all taxes are bad and that costs actual money. and of course it should all be privatized if it's not already.

Well they want to redo I-94 in Detroit and everyone on this board is bitching like we got some desirable neighborhoods along I-94 along the east side that can't be touched lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Well they want to redo I-94 in Detroit and everyone on this board is bitching like we got some desirable neighborhoods along I-94 along the east side that can't be touched lol.
    Midtown and the East side are two very different things. Perhaps a vey simple geography lessen is in order before you look anymore foolish.

The last round of state $$$ for pork projects funded several projects in the City. They did not do too badly considering that there are very few republican voters and republicans controlled the list.

Don't kid yourself. This has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Uhhh, widening the gap between Midtown and New Center is a horrible idea. It's already fairly disconnected and going from "fairly" to "definitely" disconnected is not something people are not making up. But hey, keep on with your "lol ppl r whinin" schtick, it's cute.

Midtown and the East side are two very different things. Perhaps a vey simple geography lessen is in order before you look anymore foolish.
    Like I-94 and Gratiot or Mt Elliot or Chene. Some real winners over there. Carry on.

That Great Guy Guest

Does anyone know if the I-75 bridge in Auburn Hills is being replaced with a wider one to add another lane in each direction?

Quote Originally Posted by That Great Guy View Post
    Does anyone know if the I-75 bridge in Auburn Hills is being replaced with a wider one to add another lane in each direction?
    there are lots of bridges on I-75. Auburn Hills is not very specific as I-75 runs for at least ten miles in auburn hills.

That Great Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    there are lots of bridges on I-75. Auburn Hills is not very specific as I-75 runs for at least ten miles in auburn hills.
    The one in the pix over University Drive.

I think there should be electronic tolls put on the High Occupancy Vehicle HOV Lanes to allow single passengers IF they are willing to pay fare for transportation expenses.

The University Drive bridge is going to be replaced with a diverging diamond interchange--like a SPUI at I-94/Telegraph that has gone through a taffy puller.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,4616,...8173--,00.html

Adding an HOV lane is beyond the scope of this single project.

OH! there still some potholes, a lot of them popping up in our state roads in Detroit. You should see what happen to the westbound service drive in Davison FWY and I-75 FWY connector. That road is a tire killer!

I just reviewed the list:

I-75 $400k
    M-85 $500k
    Schoolcraft $850k
    M-5 $150k to 14 Mile Rd [[what a joke).
    MacAurthur $150k [[a few blocks W of the City).

When you consider that the City did pretty well in the last round of state pork, this is not too bad.