Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Xfinity double charges

watch your bill if you are new to them - they charge an "installation fee" and a "technician visit" fee. they are the same thing. If you complain, they will try to explain it away, but if you stick to your guns, they will remove it

I'd like to see customers warn such companies that "This conversation may be recorded for quality control purposes." Then whenever the conversation turns embarrassing for the company, they'd post it to the internet.

Hell, I'd like to see a whole website of recorded conversations like that.

Hmm. Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I've given up on cable from Comcast, Xfinity or whatever they choose to call themselves well over a decade ago. Their billing is HORRID and customer service can be off the wall too. I just stream TV and watch netflix.

Infinity offers prepaid cable and internet now. You can get refill cards at certain retailers. You cannot be a current customer. It's around 70.00 for the starter kit and then $45 a month for each service. The tv channels are pretty basic for this price.

Guess it's the new option for folks who are tired of their billing or just don't pay their bills. No re-fill = no cable/internet.

That figures! They had to do something to respond to the WIFI TV streaming folks out there who can now access limited versions of their staple channels such as the History Channel, etc. Funny how the cable 'already' folks are stuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'd like to see customers warn such companies that "This conversation may be recorded for quality control purposes." Then whenever the conversation turns embarrassing for the company, they'd post it to the internet.

Hell, I'd like to see a whole website of recorded conversations like that.

Hmm. Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
    Despite the coincidental timing, I had absolutely nothing to do with this. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Customer's plea to cancel Comcast goes viral
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-18-14 at 11:11 AM.

A more complete version of the infamous Comcast customer abuse recording:

SHOCKING: Listen To COMCAST Phone Rep TORTURE and VERBALLY ABUSE Loyal Customer!!

It's not just Comcast. It's systemic. Lenscrafter's lost an otherwise guaranteed sale to me with similar aggression. Profit-motivated customer interaction is so counterproductive. It's become an ideology that undermines its very reason to exist.

These are the Parasitic Saboteurs in Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    A more complete version of the infamous Comcast customer abuse recording:

SHOCKING: Listen To COMCAST Phone Rep TORTURE and VERBALLY ABUSE Loyal Customer!!

It's not just Comcast. It's systemic. Lenscrafter's lost an otherwise guaranteed sale to me with similar aggression. Profit-motivated customer interaction is so counterproductive. It's become an ideology that undermines its very reason to exist.

These are the Parasitic Saboteurs in Power.
    LensCrafters is part of the Luxotica monopoly, as are Pearle, Sunglass hut and the Sears and Target optical. Most of the most popular brands of frames are also made by Luxotica. The rest are by Safilo, but they have no retail outlets. This is what happens when you get virtual monopolies, the ultimate end result of "libertarian" or Laissez-Faire economic policies