Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I hope Oakland County does well. I hope the city does well. I hope the region does well.

To be competitive, we need to offer businesses and their workers a dense urban environment, tight-knit pre-WW2 burbs, burbs with cute downtowns, sprawly exurbs, and all. The 7.2 is just now becoming competitive on the dense environment piece, and I'm glad the OC can provide the various types of burbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Obviously this is propaganda from L. Brooks. Everyone knows that the sprawlburbs of Oakland are dying, the McMansions are all being abandoned, and the new hot spots and wealth centers are all in the inner-city...
    L. Brooks lies. Oakland is headed into bankruptcy. Thankfully, Detroit has been well-managed and can care for its citizens and educate its youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    L. Brooks lies. Oakland is headed into bankruptcy. Thankfully, Detroit has been well-managed and can care for its citizens and educate its youth.
    Sarcasm at it's best.

Not sure where everyone is getting the money but the homes that couldn't sell for 200k in 2010, are now being sold for north of 300k and people are fighting over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Not sure where everyone is getting the money but the homes that couldn't sell for 200k in 2010, are now being sold for north of 300k and people are fighting over them.
    Indication that the price dip [[as the stock market bloodbath) were over corrections and the ground was quickly regained.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2