Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by D_Town View Post
    Fairlane may benefit from this deal. Starwood may out money to actually redevelop the center
    Can you expound on why you feel this way? I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Why do you assume they are from the inner city, the suburbs are becoming very diverse,
    I'm assuming that YOU were implying why these malls are "trash" and why they have very high crime. You are pretty notorious for posting purposefully vague statements that could easily be construed as saying a certain type of people are responsible for things such as crime or violence. I was just following in your footsteps friend

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Can you expound on why you feel this way? I am interested.
    agreed...curious on this one

I have often thought that a Dave and Busters might do well in the Lord and Taylor Store of Fairlane. I bet you're thinking, DetroitPlanner is nuts. Here is my rationale:
    - Fairlane is near a major tourist destination, Greenfield Village. If you are going for the first time you will need at least two days to see all that it has to offer.
    - There are hotels close by where visitors are a captive audience looking for an escape from their room.
    - The capital costs of going in there would be low as the building already exists.
    - There is a slow movement towards malls as entertainment centers. Look at Great Lakes or Mall of America.

In short, they need to adapt the space to new uses or the mall will have a certain death. Megamarts and the Internet has downgraded the placement of nearly all malls. Each region can only have one luxury mall now. At one time it was Fairlane, those days have past long ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3