Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Forum Idea: Development Forums

I have recently been taking much more interest in the ongoing development in Detroit. It has occurred to me that we could be doing so much more as a forum to promote the ongoing projects, developments and investments the city has going on currently and in the future. Detroityes.com has a unique opportunity to become the public authority on Detroit Real Estate, Redevelopment, Tax Credits, etc. Plus we could have our various "snoops" find out the latest scoop on places like the UA Theatre and other mysteries around the city.

I'm thinking we could not only promote and discuss current and ongoing projects around town, but also use the forums reach to notify developers and the community about potential investment opportunities and historic properties around the city.

We need a separate development forum to really detail and explain these things. We could then move many of the current threads and organize the really important topics into pinned threads.

Tell me what you think we could do to help this cause. All input is greatly appreciated.

I also noticed Friday a mobile crane, bulldozer and a trailer with a stack of steel beams working behind the John King Used Bookstore on Fort and Sixth? I believe. It looks like they're clearing way for a new building or plaza or something. Anyone know what's going to be built there?

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    I also noticed Friday a mobile crane, bulldozer and a trailer with a stack of steel beams working behind the John King Used Bookstore on Fort and Sixth? I believe. It looks like they're clearing way for a new building or plaza or something. Anyone know what's going to be built there?
    Actually, Detroityes has topics on both, they've been buried. In particular, the work near John King Books is supposed to be used for transit offices, I believe. Try to do a search for Detroit developments.

I would like to see development topics and pictures separated into their own subject, just so they'd be easier to find. I also miss a separate section or mega thread for sports topics or political topics.